Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone try the SE FatShotz yet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Toe Knee
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts
Default anyone try the SE FatShotz yet?

Looking for opinions. I am looking for a freer flowing exhaust and to add a little sound. I was actually happy with the SE pipes on my flht and like the FatShotz's looks. I'll add a full stage one later but looking for anyone who has them and looking for any complaints before I decide on them over the other SE pipes.

For those who are wondering, the reason why I'm sticking with the SE pipes is mostly because they have the EPA stamp and I actually got decent numbers out of them when I tuned a stage one on the 08'. I don't want TOO much sound until I can change out the stock speakers on my 2010. otherwise, I'd go with the fuelmoto pipes.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:47 PM
DBlum
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put the FatShotz on my 2010 Ultra Limited when I did the stage one. This also included Vance and Hines Power Duals, Arlen Ness Big Sucker and a dyno tune with TTS Master Tune. The bike runs strong and sounds great -- not too loud but with a little bark and a nice low rumble. I have gotten lots of compliments from the guys I ride with -- even the Goldwing guys.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:40 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sweet! I just dropped my 11 Ultra Limited off at the dealer for a Stage 1. Went with the SE Fatshotz, SE A\C, & the download. Glad to hear you are happy!

Clay

Old 09-29-2010, 07:52 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by klaybus
Sweet! I just dropped my 11 Ultra Limited off at the dealer for a Stage 1. Went with the SE Fatshotz, SE A\C, & the download. Glad to hear you are happy!

Clay
what did they charge just for the down load? I put SE slipons myself and have the SE aircleaner to put on myself. I ordered a SEPST tuner but it is back ordered so if the down load is not too much I might put on the air cleaner and have the dealer do the stage 1 down load.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:01 PM
ELcruz
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had them installed along with stage 1 at the 1K service on my '10 limited. Rode that way for almost a year and liked them. I recently installed the fulsac X-pipe and TTS tuner and now I really like them!

Old 09-29-2010, 09:15 PM
tully_mars
Road Master
Received 107 Likes on 70 Posts

I just talked to a guy today with these on his 2010 limited. He said "hey let's go ride and I will show you". I was on my 2010 WG which is all stock. His bike, 2010 FLHTK, SERT, HD Air breather, SE Fat Shotz.

I was shocked, I couldn't keep up with him. That big bagger was smoking me when we went to merge on the interstate. While he was in 6th gear he rolled on the throttle and I had to down shift. IMO, my stock FLHTK wouldn't keep up with my stock WG any day of the week, but since he had more power than me today I am now thinking....

So I will be adding these soon to my Limited, that is for sure.

Last edited by tully_mars; 09-30-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:34 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Less power out of these than out of the Klockwerks I had previously but quieter. On the whole I'm happy.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:17 PM
2011FLHTK
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Did the Stage 1 on delivery of my 2011 Ultra Limited. It included the SE intake, a Fuel Pack and the FatShotz. I really like the FatShotz. Good performance and great sound. I didn't want anything too loud, but still wanted it to sound like a "Harley". Before I picked up the bike I was worried that they would sound too quiet. No worries anymore - they are just right for me. Good bottom end sound with no annoying bark to wake up the neighbors.

My previous bike has White Bros "E" Series slip-ons (no longer made for touring bikes), and the FatShotz have the same sort of Super Trapp look that the White Bros do.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:25 PM
hubble
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have them on my 07 ultra. Dresser duals and SE255's. Closed end caps and 16 disc's, Pretty quiet..........

Old 09-29-2010, 10:31 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

$149 for the SERT. On my Heritage I ran the V&H Longshots, PC III, & the SE A\C. I was happy with that setup but thought what the hell, I'de let them do it & try the SERT. So far the reports I've heard don't sound too bad at all. Pick up my bike Friday afternoon so I'll be able to give an update then.

Clay

Quick Reply: anyone try the SE FatShotz yet?