Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 04:03 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by stic2it
Nice, true sleeper! Love my 107, I see a nice stretch next week when it will be warm enough to ride. Too many ice and salt patches for me to risk laying my bike down. Does your OL ride with u?
She did years ago, but she doesn't anymore. But that's okay, I like to think that the time we have apart makes the time we come together even better.

But, she used to love it. I give her credit she is supportive of me. I told her what kind of coin I was spending and that I was going out to Wisconsin to get this all done and her only comment was "do they have a pool at the hotel?", when we got to Little Chute she wanted to run over to Green Bay and see the football stadium. She puts up with me and the garage full of scooters and gear and doesn't kick my scooter tramp friends out of the house.

Last edited by oldhippie; 02-27-2015 at 07:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Brad24 (05-17-2021)
Old 02-27-2015, 04:10 PM
Blowby
Road Captain
Received 167 Likes on 70 Posts

Glad the trip was enjoyable. Dyno sheet and videos show a fun spring for you. I love the triple in your photo. I never had the heart to let mine go since it was my first bike and it will be a project to get back on the road some day.

Old 02-27-2015, 10:09 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Blowby
Glad the trip was enjoyable. Dyno sheet and videos show a fun spring for you. I love the triple in your photo. I never had the heart to let mine go since it was my first bike and it will be a project to get back on the road some day.
Was your first bike that XLCR in the photo? I kick myself in the *** for selling every bike I ever had. The last one was my 98 Valkyrie and I'm keeping that one. No more selling the old ones. I still wish I had that 650 Yamaha in the pic above. I loved that bike.

Old 02-27-2015, 11:51 PM
Blowby
Road Captain
Received 167 Likes on 70 Posts

XLCR has been a project for a year and a half. Great running bike, rode it to the Laughlin River Run event last year.

First bike was a 400 triple. I bought it direct from Kawasaki and it was one of the 6 used in the movie Cannon Ball Run in 1975. Crazy Italian riding it...

Old 02-28-2015, 06:14 AM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Blowby
XLCR has been a project for a year and a half. Great running bike, rode it to the Laughlin River Run event last year.

First bike was a 400 triple. I bought it direct from Kawasaki and it was one of the 6 used in the movie Cannon Ball Run in 1975. Crazy Italian riding it...

I forgot they made those 400s. I'll tell you the truth, I'll take the Harley anyday.

I'm like a kid in the candy store again, with this new 107" engine. Now I'm think I prolly need custom wheels to go with the new engine bling. This bike sounds like a freight train just sitting at idle.

One of my buddies that rides a souped up S&S Wide Glide told me I'm going to need to learn to ride all over again and I think he's got a point.

I hope the engine will prove durable, because I am going to be in the saddle and this could be a 20K year for me.

Okay, whose next with a new build, I wanna hear all about it?!

Old 02-28-2015, 09:03 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by oldhippie
I forgot they made those 400s. I'll tell you the truth, I'll take the Harley anyday.

I'm like a kid in the candy store again, with this new 107" engine. Now I'm think I prolly need custom wheels to go with the new engine bling. This bike sounds like a freight train just sitting at idle.

One of my buddies that rides a souped up S&S Wide Glide told me I'm going to need to learn to ride all over again and I think he's got a point.

I hope the engine will prove durable, because I am going to be in the saddle and this could be a 20K year for me.

Okay, whose next with a new build, I wanna hear all about it?!
When the newness wears off lets talk 124"......

Old 02-28-2015, 11:29 AM
My14Ultra
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

When You get the new FM 107 build back, is there any type of break-in needed? Like first 200 miles only do this? Or is it ready to just ride and the Dyno did the work.
TIA

Old 02-28-2015, 01:29 PM
stic2it
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think u have to relearn riding. It's a bit different when riding WOT all the way through the gears. You have to switch gears a lot faster or u will hit the rev limiter everytime. FM sets the limiter a bit on the low side so it protects everything. The first time I buried the throttle I hit the limiter. highway cruising, normal riding is the same, my clutch is a lot stiffer hurts my hands when in stop and go traffic.

If u have only heard idle, u ain't heard nothing yet WOT and she will bark LOUD

Old 02-28-2015, 05:09 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by soft 02
When the newness wears off lets talk 124"......
Chasing the power seems is an addictive disease. ..and it's crazy because last I checked they don't have meetings for this disease yet.

But if someone opened a "Power Chasers Rehab" chances are a few guys here would qualify for a discount.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:29 PM
Moochoff
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts are here!

Level B heads, tw777 cams, and rest of the FM 107kit got here today. If all ends well, I will be hittin the dyno on Thursday with the screaming eagle tuner..

Sub'd for more numbers... Ill post my sheet when I get it dialed in

Jake

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto