Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which Tour-Pak for my 2010 Street Glide???
King Tour-Pak
55.63%
Chopped Tour-Pak
39.38%
Razor Tour-Pak
5.00%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Which Tour-Pak for my Street Glide???

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 11:41 AM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which Tour-Pak for my Street Glide???

Probably going to add a Tour-Pak to my SG over the winter, but I'm having a hard time deciding which one to get. I want to maintain the "smooth/fluid" lines of my Street Glide without turning it into a "Classic/Ultra", so I'm thinking "Chopped" or even "Razor". But I also like the fact that I can put 2 fullface helmets in the "King" Tour-Pac. I don't always use the fullface, but it would be nice to have them along for longer trips, or just to be able to lock them up. I'm also guessing that the King would be more comfortable for Momma out back? Is there an adjustable "quick-detatchable" rack available to adjust the tour-pak fore/aft on the SG? I wont be riding with the TP on full-time, just when I go 2-up, which isn't often. I already have a Sundowner seat for 2-up, so that would be the seat I would run with the TP on the bike. Does a particular tour-pak work any better with a Sundowner seat?

I know there was a thread around here not too long ago that someone asked to posts pics of SG's with tour-paks, but I couldn't find it using search.

Anyway... looking for comments on the tour-pak, and any pics of Street Glides with tour-paks on them.

Thanks!

Last edited by AK BAGGER; 10-08-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

For primarily better looks Chopped. For maximum storage King.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:02 PM
drfeelgood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why pay close to the same price for less space? You're buying a tour pak for it's functionality, trust me, you won't be happy if you go smaller and then you run out of room.

I have the King pak and the Sundowner seat, I think the bike looks great and it's unbelievable how much stuff I can fit in the King all while maintaining the Street Glide look.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:05 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain

Originally Posted by drfeelgood
Why pay close to the same price for less space? You're buying a tour pak for it's functionality, trust me, you won't be happy if you go smaller and then you run out of room.

I have the King pak and the Sundowner seat, I think the bike looks great and it's unbelievable how much stuff I can fit in the King all while maintaining the Street Glide look.
"DFG",
Yeah, I hear ya man. Seen your post on another thread on this topic. Your reasoning makes alot of sense to me, which is what pushes me towards the King TP.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:06 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

It's a personal choice. What it really boils down to is looks VS. function. I don't like the king at all, too bulky. So I went with the chopped.

As for the rack, yes there is a detach rack for it. If you want maximum movement for your TP, check out the George Anderson TP relocator. I have one on my chopped and got some extra room with it mounted in the solo position.

HERE is my thread on it!

Here is a pic of it mounted in the solo position.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:07 PM
KING'S RIDE
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

In my opinion the King is to big, and the razor kinda defeats the purpose of having a tour pack cuz its so small. i like the chopped. you get a custom look and a good ammount of storage space.

But if your only gonna use it on long multi day rides and for the most part not using it, you might as well go big and get the most space.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:13 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain

r8,
That Chopped looks great on your bike man. Not a fan of the "solo set-up", but thats just me ...still a bad-*** bike! Which wheel and fender you got on the front of that bike?

Kings Ride,
Your RK get my vote for best RK in the Touring Forum. Not "overly-done"... very nice!

Old 10-08-2010, 12:25 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by AK BAGGER
r8,
That Chopped looks great on your bike man. Not a fan of the "solo set-up", but thats just me ...still a bad-*** bike! Which wheel and fender you got on the front of that bike?

Kings Ride,
Your RK get my vote for best RK in the Touring Forum. Not "overly-done"... very nice!
The fender is FBI and the wheels are PM Heathens in their stealth (flat) finish.

Your commenting on two SoCal bikes. What I find funny is that one is a Raider fan and the other is a Charger fan.

I hear ya on the solo set up. It was done because my wife had told me she didn't want to ride, but I did get her on one in Hawaii so now it goes to two up.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Cheeze
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a king tour pack on my 2010 RG and put the passenger wrap around backrest with street glide stitching on it. The fitment was awful. There was a BIG gap between the backrest and the tour pack lid. I couldnt stand it so i took it off. To keep the lines clean i would go with the chopped tour pack and the Street Glide backrest to match. Fitment is much better. But thats just me.

Good luck.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:42 PM
KaponeWKYA
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to add a tour pak this year as part of my end of year mods, and I'm having the same back and forth as you. I think I'm going to get a chopped tour pak and put the luggage rack on top to throw an overnight bag on to maximize space and still keep a custom look. I'll probably add the razor tour pak too down the line.

I also agree that the two SoCal bikes look great; good job guys!

Quick Reply: Which Tour-Pak for my Street Glide???