Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did you mount your cell phone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 04:19 AM
Nikolaiownz
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

edit meh i just realized how old this was..

I am still looking around..

Anyone tryed thoes ebay ones?

Old 11-27-2015, 07:23 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikolaiownz
edit meh i just realized how old this was..

I am still looking around..

Anyone tryed thoes ebay ones?
I didn't read the whole 5 year old thread....

But.

The RAM X Grip is really good. You just have to be careful to not pull the rubber tips off when removing the phone. I've used RAM products for years, and see no need to look elsewhere.

What's your phone worth?

A good mount will protect it.

Personally, mine goes in a pocket in my tourpak. I love the GPS on my Limited.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:18 AM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

kuryakyn fuel door gps/accessory mount, I use it every single time I ride, very useful.

Recently installed the cb mic to answer phone calls, it can be wired to talk hands free, it works well.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:46 PM
Nikolaiownz
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
I didn't read the whole 5 year old thread....

But.

The RAM X Grip is really good. You just have to be careful to not pull the rubber tips off when removing the phone. I've used RAM products for years, and see no need to look elsewhere.

What's your phone worth?

A good mount will protect it.

Personally, mine goes in a pocket in my tourpak. I love the GPS on my Limited.

My phone is not an expensive one.. its a sony z3 compact..

The ram X mounts i dont like.. i would never trust that mounting

I was kinda looking something to put it in... some phone mounts are water proff.. i would like that!

Old 12-02-2015, 05:56 PM
bill_1202
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I use this Kurakyn fuel door mount and I use an Otter Defender case on my iPhone 6 and clip the included belt clip holder to the fuel door like Gwaxley did in the pic in the post above. Then, I run a Velcro strap around the clip (in the back - you cannot see it) to keep it from flying off. I suppose a better way would be to crack off my belt clip and drill a few holes in the holder and bolt it to to the fuel door. It's really secure though so I do not feel the need to bolt it down. I can even clip my iPhone upside down in the belt clip and run a short 3' coiled USB cable I bought off of Amazon to the USB port or to the cigg lighter charging port with a USB charging plug to charge it. Works perfectly and great for GPS on my iPhone. It will not come off and my phone is secure behind the fairing. It does not block my view from the gauges but I do have to reach around the setup to get to the radio buttons (not a big deal). I connect my iPhone through Bluetooth to the Boom 4.3 and I can hear the GPS audio directions through the speakers if I'm also listening to my MP3's loaded up on my phone. If you do it this way you have to be listening to the MP3's on the iPhone not FM or any other band. So when I need GPS, I just make sure I'm listening to one of my playlists and not FM or go without audio and the voice directions work great and I can "view" the directions on my iPhone's screen. I also use it to see my bike stats when riding with my phone app that connects through Bluetooth to my FP3 tuner. I can see my real time average MPG, engine temps, and other stats I choose, etc. when I'm riding. I know... Can you say "real geek?" It was really handy when I calibrated my speedo with the FP3 app. I can see who has tx'd m and any incoming calls when riding at a quick glance too. Now word of caution here... Pay attention to the road if you end up doing this! Works great on the open road but you do not need to be staring at your phone when riding around town too long or guess what happens? LOL... When I do not need to use my phone with the bike at all, it's become a great holder so I do not need to put the phone in the saddle bag or pocket. Handy on and off the bike and when I get off the bike the belt clip goes on my belt. No need to have the 6.5 boom with Nav with touch screen with my setup IMHO. Doing this also cut out that chrome glare from the sun that reflects into your face when riding when using the stock fuel door. That chrome dome can be an issue here with glare reflection in Arizona. One negative is that if it starts raining, I feel the need to pull over and secure the phone from getting wet or stuff it in my jacket when riding (with extreme caution so I do not drop it one handled while riding).

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/606-726

Last edited by bill_1202; 12-08-2015 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:09 PM
threedeuce5
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

RAM mount with the X Grip holder on the left control housing. It's an absolutely rock solid mounting platform and will do what you want.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:04 PM
Slo-joe
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In the gun pocket of my vest ��

Old 12-08-2015, 06:29 AM
wjl24
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Slo-joe
In the gun pocket of my vest ��
Don't get them mixed up.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:04 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

I read several pages of this, tons of different views were pretty interesting.

I have no interest in using my I-phone as a "phone" or "GPS" when I am riding. It does go on my side in a belt holder. I have a long audio cord that I can run from my side to the audio input if I want to play music from my phone on long rides.

Looked at different mounts for my TomTom and phone but decided against all of them. Didn't want to worry about taking a bunch of stuff off whenever I stopped and was away from the bike for a minute plus I think it is just too much of a distraction.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:36 AM
Norms 427
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 16 Posts

This is where I put my phone:

Quick Reply: How did you mount your cell phone?