Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did you mount your cell phone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

I didn't read most of this thread, so this may have been said already. I keep my phone on my person so if I go down, into a ditch, I might be able to call for help.

If I need to use the phone for navigation I put it in my lower's glove compartment, run a cord to the AUX input on the radio and get directions through my speakers.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:54 PM
RockyS
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phone mount

I liked the idea of the leader waterproof mount for my phone, but I don't like the idea of having my expensive phone out on the handlebars. Looks kind of dorky too. I use my phone for the GPS and music on the bike. Those of you who think you can play with it and answer it while riding are a death wish about to happen.

Anyway, I decided to go with this locking phone console from www.cyclonecustom.com. It is really nice, and for those of you worried about the sun and rain it came with a rain shield that has UV protection. You can use it with or without the shield and they included a nice little velvet pouch to store the shield in. Wiring is included for charging and audio connections. The finish is nice and it makes my phone look like it is part of the bike.

Rocky

[/IMG]

Old 05-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Rat Trap
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSeHwEg7wsI

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:15 PM
Fathertime500
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RAM products all the way. That finger mount for the phone is wicked! easy in and out of the mount. FT

Old 05-07-2012, 10:16 PM
BrownSanta
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

foe those of us that use a smart phone with a case...

i use the ram mount x-grip works great very stable and best of all you can use it with any phone or gps, or other electronic device that fits.

http://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mount-Univ...6446745&sr=8-1

make sure you get the security **** so no one steals your ram mount!

http://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mount-****...6446975&sr=8-6

Old 05-08-2012, 11:53 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

I use a lifeproof brand bike mount for mine, just the regular peddle bike kind

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 05-08-2012, 11:58 AM
sr_smyth
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got the Ram Mount for my iPod yesterday, nice workmanship, good fit and finish and holds it rock steady. I'm impressed

Old 05-08-2012, 12:00 PM
greendragon52
Tourer

Received 85 Likes on 30 Posts

Cell phone stays in the tour pack. If you are going to use the phone for other reasons such as gps or music, take a look at Kuryakyn's handlebar mounts. They have a variety of pouches. Used one on my previous bike, '01 EGC, for an IPod. Nice thing about it was ease of removing the pouch from the mount and storing it in a secure pack

Old 05-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Bcun10t
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an iPhone. I also have an otter box for the phone. The otter box comes with a belt clip. I mounted belt clip onto left side handle bar with a cheap 99 cent hose clamp. So cost was pretty much nothing. I use the cigarette power adapter and plug in though AUX port. So all in all did not cost a thing for me. Unfortunately I can not see it well when the sun is over my right shoulder, however don’t need to see the screen because GPS send voice commands through the radio. Probably not the best set up but I did not have to spend a hundred buck for a mount. Does not look to shabby and is verily sturdy.

Now I can listen to the music and use GPS at the same time. The GPS function turns the music down while giving directions.

For All those "All I need to listen to are the pipes", good for you. I did not even use my radio for over a year even though it came with a new bike, but now I do and I like it.

For those " don’t need a GPS". Good for you. I use my bike when ever possible not just when I’m out on a cruise. Sometimes its just faster to input a address and go. Can I use a map, hell yeah. I’ve been doing it for almost 20 years in my job. I like to think I am pretty good at it.

Last edited by Bcun10t; 05-08-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 244 Likes on 194 Posts

Ram mounts makes a universal claw types works good on my wife's UC.

Quick Reply: How did you mount your cell phone?