Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

Welcome to HDForums.com!

P

Old 11-16-2010, 12:10 AM
Hang Around
Question Best tuner?

I'm sure this is a subject thats been beat to death somewhere, but I'm just looking for quick answers. Hopefully this is as easy as knowing which is the best tuner for a 6.0 Powerstroke. I'm wondering which is the best tuner for my bike (mods in sig) that will allow for future upgrades such as increasing displacement, adjusting the idle (darn EFI) etc., etc., and work around these dang O2 sensors. Power Commander? What else is available? Call me a newbie - I've been around Harleys for years, but I know nothing about these closed loop systems...
SE stage 1 download
TW 37G cams
J&M speakers and CD of the Eagles in the player
NOBAMA!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:34 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

i have used them all so i just bought a thundermax TBW from what i was told u find a base map on the software down load it and from that point on it learns to adjust on any mods u make. zippers told me it can handle anything. i get it next week once i install i will update.
2011 fltrx sedona orange here we go again. c&c solo seat,stratum collection timer cover derby cover and a/c cover,oil bud oil cooler, trueduals thunder header slip ons,alpine cda 105 head unit,alpine pdx 2150 digital amp, and type r fairing speakers. carlini eval apes 17 inches. thundermax TBW, cool sac grips, chrome harley controls, ness big sucker stage 1 with woods 555s and fuelmoto adjustable rods wheels by sinister 21 in front 18 rear.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:29 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm no wrench by any means but, a PC-V with Auto Tune by Fuel Moto will be hard to beat! +1 year extended warranty, & lifetime support & maps +hard to beat service!! You will be hard pressed to find a better vendor! This is a "no brainer"! My

PS: Welcome to the forums!!

2012 Road Glide Custom

Last edited by 07FLHT; 11-16-2010 at 01:32 AM.. Reason: Welcome!
Old 11-16-2010, 02:08 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

I love the term "lifetime"............ Has anyone ever owned a product for a "lifetime"? Riddle me this; if you buy something that has a "lifetime" warranty, and it fails in 10 years, and the company is no longer in business; what do you do? Or does "lifetime" mean the life of the company that sells it?

I always wondered......

08 BAT-KING FLHRC/TCU ---------- 99 FXR3 Candy Blue Flame

Fully dressed 2008 FLHRC, SE 255 cams, V & H 2-1 Chrome Pro-Pipe, ARC 125.2 mini amp, 2-5.25's & 2-4", Sony DSX-S200/iPod supplies the tunes

Stock 1999 CVO FXR3
Old 11-16-2010, 02:24 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyD View Post
I love the term "lifetime"............ Has anyone ever owned a product for a "lifetime"? Riddle me this; if you buy something that has a "lifetime" warranty, and it fails in 10 years, and the company is no longer in business; what do you do? Or does "lifetime" mean the life of the company that sells it?

I always wondered......
Moms & Pops took a chance on a"Lifetime" warranty on chest freezer from Sear's in 1942! Sear's came & changed the lid seal 5 years ago... NO charge! Freezer still running! Sometimes it does pay off!

2012 Road Glide Custom
Old 11-16-2010, 02:37 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07FLHT View Post
Moms & Pops took a chance on a"Lifetime" warranty on chest freezer from Sear's in 1942! Sear's came & changed the lid seal 5 years ago... NO charge! Freezer still running! Sometimes it does pay off!
That's great; Never heard of a lifetime warranty on a freezer, but ok. Sears, ok, I can see them offering up a lifetime warranty, and some may actually benifit from it; But what about companies that offer these warranties, and let's be honest, and may never be in business for more than a few years? Can anyone say they'll be in business for 20 more years and feel good about it? I've worked at a company for 20 years, that's been in busniness for 48 years, and with the economy, they have had their struggles. And we're not dealing in cyclical commodities, like MC parts.

Just giving my midnight take on things

08 BAT-KING FLHRC/TCU ---------- 99 FXR3 Candy Blue Flame

Fully dressed 2008 FLHRC, SE 255 cams, V & H 2-1 Chrome Pro-Pipe, ARC 125.2 mini amp, 2-5.25's & 2-4", Sony DSX-S200/iPod supplies the tunes

Stock 1999 CVO FXR3
Old 11-16-2010, 03:56 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

"Your lifetime vs. Their lifetime" in Fuel Moto's case there is no "extra" charge so, who looses? I'm about to throw away a Fuel Pack from V&H because it's obsolete for my current & future applications! And that's V&H! Happy with what I now have & happy with my "lifetime" support from Fuel Moto! New build this winter, new base map from Jamie! Changes next year, free base map from Jamie, if there still around! I'm banking they'll be somewhat like Sear's!

2012 Road Glide Custom
Old 11-16-2010, 04:45 AM
Club Member
Mike Marler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07FLHT View Post
" I'm about to throw away a Fuel Pack from V&H because it's obsolete for my current & future applications! And that's V&H!
You don't have to throw it away, they'll still fetch a hundred bucks or so on ebay.

2007 FLHP with some mods. 100% home built

Dress like men. Wrench like monkeys.
And ride like mf-ers.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:12 AM
Ultimate HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyD View Post

I always wondered......
Same thing happened to me with my Ridemaxx tuner. It was still under warranty after it failed and AMFD was out of business.

It wasn't a lifetime warranty but it didn't matter at that point.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:15 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogaloodude View Post
You don't have to throw it away, they'll still fetch a hundred bucks or so on ebay.
Thanks dude, But I don't have a pay pal account & not computer savvy enough (or trusting enough) to try to set one up! Anyone interested PM me & I'll ship it to you for $50.00 on your honor!

2012 Road Glide Custom
Old 11-16-2010, 05:15 AM

P

Tags
2008, 2010, 2011, classic, closed, davidson, fuel, glide, harley, harleys, loop, road, touring, tuner, ultra