Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auxiliary Fuse Block 09 EGC

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 11:11 AM
flhrbill
Club Member
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Auxiliary Fuse Block 09 EGC

I have an 09 EGC and I currently have five accessories (2 heated liners, amplifier, battery tender and air horn) attached to the battery. It’s getting a little too crowded in there so I’m looking into the use of an auxiliary fuse block.

Is anyone currently using one and if so what would you recommend? Since there isn’t a lot of room under the seat is there a better place to put it? Any information will be helpful.

Thanks

Old 11-21-2010, 12:02 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,969 Likes on 1,718 Posts
Old 11-21-2010, 01:37 PM
MassHD
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Along the same line as Dawg. I plan on added this with a relay this winter. I'm installing it under the fairing so I only have one conection to the battery.

http://www.centechwire.com/catalog/panels/ap1.shtml

http://www.centechwire.com/catalog/panels/ap130.shtml

Old 11-21-2010, 06:16 PM
flhrbill
Club Member

Rather than installing under the fairing, wouldn't it be easier to install under the seat? Seems like it would be much simpler to get at in the future.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:39 PM
MassHD
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are probably right. I was thinking that since my amp, gps, powered antenna, Ipod and HID (not installed yet) are up front I could get away with one power cable under the tank. That way when I want to add somthing else I dont have to remove the tank again.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:05 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I use the PC8 from easternbeaver, but Curt at www.fuzeblocks.com also makes a nice one.
I have 2 sets of heated gear, driving lights, battery tender, intercom, & hyperlites connected to mine. I still run my air horn straight to the battery.

P.S.- Jim @ easternbeaver also makes very nice wiring harnesses for all your goodies like air horns & driving lights.

Last edited by mcrider1; 11-21-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Eric in chicago
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where the heck are you guys mounting the block? I have no room under the seat and not wanting to run all the way up to the faring (access issue as well as PITA issue!)
There is a little shelf near the front of the battery but that is all I can see for a flat surface. Pics??

Old 11-21-2010, 10:15 PM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was thinking about mounting one behind the license plate mount, under the tour pak.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:53 PM
flhrbill
Club Member

Don't you want it located in a dry spot, if possible? Is there room under any of the side covers?

Old 11-23-2010, 09:21 AM
baldeagle503
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric in chicago
where the heck are you guys mounting the block? I have no room under the seat and not wanting to run all the way up to the faring (access issue as well as PITA issue!)
There is a little shelf near the front of the battery but that is all I can see for a flat surface. Pics??
I ended up putting mine in that space in front of the battery behind the console. I drilled two holes in the frame and used spacers to sink it down so that it is level with the surface. I will try to get a picture of it tonight when I get home.

Quick Reply: Auxiliary Fuse Block 09 EGC