Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King owners with the chrome fork wind deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Road King owners with the chrome fork wind deflectors

How much of a difference did adding the wind deflectors make in regards to wind noise? I have added the baffle that goes between te forks and not sure if that has helped or not. After riding for a bit the wind roar really stats to get to me.....

On my VTX I have a Memphis Shades windshield with lowers and that really cuts down on the amount of wind noise.....don't mind the sound of the pipes etc...just the wind roar beats my ears up....be interested to hear from RK owners who have added these deflectors to see if wind noise has been reduced

Old 12-12-2010, 01:50 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Curious myself. Have yet to install the fork baffle.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:52 PM
MX Mark
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put them on in Oct. can not tell any diff., I was wanting to deflect some wind to stay warm.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:01 PM
phillyrube
Road Warrior

I had them on my '97, didn't do a thing for me, and they looked sorta dorky, so I took 'em off.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:01 PM
steelhead
Road Master

I rode a buddies with them and I think they do make a difference BUT they are pretty fugly looking to my eyes. I wouldn't want them on my RK.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:07 PM
latnyte
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

they made a huge difference in the air buffeting on mine and that made the choppy wind noise i had all but disappear now its more a steady rush and much less annoying

Old 12-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I fought wind buffeting on my bike quit a bit and I have the bike pretty much the way I want it. But My situation is a little diffrent.

The windshield causes a low pressure area behind it and you need to discover where the air that is bothering you is coming from. Mine was coming from below the winshield/fairings out edges. Put your hand in front of your chest and move it around and see if you can discover where the air is coming from.

I don't use the Road King windshield very often but do use it. Most of the time I'm using an after market fairing. With that I have the fork baffle, fairing air deflectors, lower fairings and the fork air deflectors.

I have the air so calm behind my fairing I can almost light a cigerette with a zippo lighter at 70 mph. but at 80 the wind will start wrapping around it again, but not bad.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:28 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 176 Likes on 88 Posts

I only use mine in the winter. They help.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:28 PM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I was unsure as to how much mine actually did as I had them first with a shield then tried without them with the fairing; both the baffle and the side deflectors made a hell of lot of difference for me.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:42 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive used the fork mounted deflectors with a windshield on a Softail Deluxe and my Ultra Electra glide,, Really helps eliminating buffeting. I dont care ifn they are ugly, hell , you dont see em riding down the road.

Quick Reply: Road King owners with the chrome fork wind deflectors