Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto 107" Build completed

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 08:29 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Fuel Moto 107" Build completed

Fuel Moto 107" kit (no head work) is complete and I'm currently in Auto-Tune mode. It rained all day Saturday and Sunday so I was not able to ride but that did allow me to get in a lot of heat cycles. This is my second 107" build with the first build a Head Quarters 107" w/head work on my 2008 FLHX. This current engine began as a 103" HD Power Pak engine.

My first impression, this is a super quiet build and the build is solid, no decel popping or rumbling, no hesitation and very quick on throttle.

Today I was able to put 200 miles on the motor. This is my first experience with Dynojet's Auto-Tune and I'm very impressed with its performance and ease of use. During heat cycles the engine was loading up and after three heat cycles, the throttle was smooth. As I rode the bike throughout the day I could feel the Auto-Tune remapping the engine. There is a lot power in the motor, enough to lift the tire off the ground in a 10 mph roll in first gear with no clutch work, just twist.

As promised by Jamie, there is zero detonation with this build and that was a huge deciding factor for me as I have had nothing but problems with the Head Quarters build and pinging. After viewing the map and trim tables I believe the timing can be advanced and then Auto-Tuned again. I'll ask Jamie to take a look at my map.

Rest assured, after head work, I will have maps pulled on the Fuel Moto build and will post a comparison between Head Quarters and Fuel Moto. I'm going to wager Fuel Moto kit with no head work is going to beat the Head Quarters build with head work. The Fuel Moto kit cost $1300. Head Quarters with head work cost ~$2700.

I will have head-work done and it is going to be either Scott at Hillside, Wolfgang Grasser at Mutant Motors or I'll wait for Jamie to get his setup going.

If anyone is on the fence whether to go with the HD 103" kit or Fuel Moto's 107" kit, I highly recommend you go with the Fuel Moto 107" build as it will eat HD's 103" for lunch.

As I got off the bike today there was a sigh of relief that the Fuel Moto kit had no pinging while having as much or more power than the Head Quarters build. I'm very happy with Fuel Moto and this kit. Thank you Jamie for delivering a product as advertised. That means a lot to me!

Attached Thumbnails Fuel Moto 107" Build completed-107sae.jpg   Fuel Moto 107" Build completed-107uncorrected.jpg  

Last edited by CigarCritic; 01-19-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Added Maps
Old 01-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats brother and that is great news. It almost seemed to good to be true when it was first announced, lol. Good to see some real world feedback from a fellow forum member.

Let us know when you get some Dyno numbers.

What pipes are you running? Running a head pipe too?

Thanks

Old 01-17-2011, 08:42 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Nice, very encouraging.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:42 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to hear you are happy with the build! I started assembly on my Fuel Moto build today, but I'm going to have wait until my heads get back before I go any further.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:57 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
Congrats brother and that is great news. It almost seemed to good to be true when it was first announced, lol. Good to see some real world feedback from a fellow forum member.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing, too good to be true.

Let us know when you get some Dyno numbers.
I'll post the charts in this same thread.

What pipes are you running? Running a head pipe too?
Rinehart 4" slips with Fuel Moto stainless 2-1-2 header.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:59 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master

Originally Posted by atrain68
Glad to hear you are happy with the build! I started assembly on my Fuel Moto build today, but I'm going to have wait until my heads get back before I go any further.
What company is doing your head work and are you staying with 10.25:1 compression.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:03 PM
mfuchs2004
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Cigar! Dyno numbers are cool for bragging, but lifting a tire on a roll off is all the numbers I need to hear.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Finnster1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CigarCritic

Rinehart 4" slips with Fuel Moto stainless 2-1-2 header.
Nice! I have the same exhaust setup and I am starting my 107" FM build this week.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:27 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master

Originally Posted by Finnster1
Nice! I have the same exhaust setup and I am starting my 107" FM build this week.
Did you get the auto tuner? Where are you in Va, I'm from Portsmouth.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:32 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice to read this. I'm seriously considering the 107 build.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto 107" Build completed