Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the 120R is Home!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 11:36 PM
HFS
Club Member
Received 307 Likes on 194 Posts
Default the 120R is Home!

It was sorta wet, and a little anti-climactic.

When I post the Dyno Sheet, you'll see on the Torque curve clutch slippage.

[Sierra-Hotel-India-Tango]

Supertrapp is amazingly quiet.

More tomorrow...

Old 03-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Inspector 12
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, I am going to pick mine up on Friday. It will only be a 425 mile round trip...

What clutch did you go with?

Old 03-17-2011, 03:54 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

Look forward to hearing more and seeing your dyno sheet. Spare a thought for those of us who can't fit one of these fabulous motors!

Old 03-17-2011, 07:06 AM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 120R clutch

What clutch you have in there?

Old 03-17-2011, 09:27 AM
HFS
Club Member

I have the Rivera Primo with gold springs. There is a dip in the torque curve. Hense the presumed slippage. Maybe it -should- hold, maybe different primary fluid.

The Tech did a good job, I went crate motor [as it came] SuperTrapp Supermeg 2:1, SE Heavy Breather [from before], and TTS. Tech was impressed with TTS features not available with the new HD Tuner. He mentioned atmospheric pressure tables as one off the top of my head.

Apparently there are some shims coming for the clutch that will need to go in as well. The were after a settle in period [break in period].

Took it easy last night, and it wasn't crazy until I cranked on 'er past 4000 RPM. Never redlined it, [I am supposed to be breaking it in] but it is a power on top motor. I'll end up changing cams either later this year or winter.

Gotta hook up the scanner. and get a new memory card for the camera.

Harry

Old 03-17-2011, 09:33 AM
88racing
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to seeing the dyno sheet....

Old 03-17-2011, 11:11 AM
HFS
Club Member
Default 120R - Slipping

Here is the Dyno Sheet.

I hope it is clear enough.

With the scan I cut off the numbers, So I entered them in. I am a little disappointed in the numbers compared to Harley's Numbers of 135/135. How did they get that with a SE Clutch?

Why is everyone having clutch issues?

I've got an email into Rivera as well.

Harry

Attached Thumbnails the 120R is Home!-dyno-sheet-09-flhx-with-comments-small-small.jpg  
Old 03-17-2011, 01:44 PM
HFS
Club Member

Just got off the phone with Rivera Primo.

He had a look at the dyno sheet. Said to go over the clutch, as it should easily handle the 120R. Especially with the GOLD spring.

Also look at fluid level, too much isn't a good thing either.

He mentioned ATF, but where are we at with the SE Compensator?

So much for just going for a ride...

Old 03-17-2011, 01:53 PM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rivera clutch

Originally Posted by FLHXHS
I have the Rivera Primo with gold springs. There is a dip in the torque curve. Hense the presumed slippage. Maybe it -should- hold, maybe different primary fluid.

The Tech did a good job, I went crate motor [as it came] SuperTrapp Supermeg 2:1, SE Heavy Breather [from before], and TTS. Tech was impressed with TTS features not available with the new HD Tuner. He mentioned atmospheric pressure tables as one off the top of my head.

Apparently there are some shims coming for the clutch that will need to go in as well. The were after a settle in period [break in period].

Took it easy last night, and it wasn't crazy until I cranked on 'er past 4000 RPM. Never redlined it, [I am supposed to be breaking it in] but it is a power on top motor. I'll end up changing cams either later this year or winter.

Gotta hook up the scanner. and get a new memory card for the camera.

Harry
I put 45ozs of formula plus in with the whole outer basket and inner plus their tpp on top with the gold spring and tried to make it slip this morning seemed to hold i could get the SE race clutch to slip holding it wide open with a load in 4th and 5th. I had to put the 4 shims under the nuts on their clutch right from the get go and the diaphragm still is not within .010-.020 of being flat. Rivera's online directions stink and they don't even have the specs for the model they sold me online. Have no idea what my clutch pack height is suppose to be,been back and forth with them on the phone for a few days now. My 120R has plenty enough power to lift the front wheel or brake the tire loose whacking it at 2500. What are you using for oil?

Old 03-17-2011, 02:12 PM
HFS
Club Member

I sadly don't know what oil I'm using. I've got an email to the tech that installed it. I'm going to check the level and remove some if necessary. I'll chech the spring distance then I guess.

I wasn't there during the dyno so I'm looking at the sheet. My numbers are a little low, and clutches have been a big issue all around. (Judging by forum posts that is).

Quick Reply: the 120R is Home!