Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

P

Old 04-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Default Aftermarket Lower Fairings

I have been considering ordering the aftermarket vented Black Lower Fairings that I see for sale on Ebay..does anybody have them, and if so how do they compare to the factory ones?
Old 04-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Road Warrior
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metleg View Post
I have been considering ordering the aftermarket vented Black Lower Fairings that I see for sale on Ebay..does anybody have them, and if so how do they compare to the factory ones?
How much are those? Painted to match? Link??

Factory Color Matched units from HD are 530.00. That is what I was planning on ordering.

2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec shadow graphics
2013 HD Forty-Eight in Ember Red Sunglo
2015 Ducati Panigale 899 in Red (coming Feb 2015)
Old 04-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Road Master

Sorry, I can't help. I thought it was funny you had this thread when I just finished looking at them. I can't decide if they are a good deal or not. Are you talking about the $399 ones. They look like a decent deal because they come with a glove box but you have to buy the hardware. I wonder if they will ship them just primed. Why didn't I just get a black bike? ha ha
Old 04-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Road Warrior
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellgnte View Post
Sorry, I can't help. I thought it was funny you had this thread when I just finished looking at them. I can't decide if they are a good deal or not. Are you talking about the $399 ones. They look like a decent deal because they come with a glove box but you have to buy the hardware. I wonder if they will ship them just primed. Why didn't I just get a black bike? ha ha
LOL, everything is simpler and less expensive with a Black bike, so true!

Factory vented units painted to match for 530.00 do not sound that bad if the aftermarket are 400.00... figure in paint and you are better off with the factory units.

2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec shadow graphics
2013 HD Forty-Eight in Ember Red Sunglo
2015 Ducati Panigale 899 in Red (coming Feb 2015)
Old 04-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Factory vented units painted to match for 530.00 do not sound that bad if the aftermarket are 400.00... figure in paint and you are better off with the factory units.
very true.... lowers may not be worth trying to save $50. I am not in the market myself. There was a person on Craigslist selling some used non-vented for $75 and and they were the color of my bike. I thought "hey, might pick up some lowers on the cheap". WRONG He didn't have the plastic caps that go on the front or hardware. Those are $140 to replace from the store. Then the hardware can be $80 if you go quick-detach. Turned out not to be such a good deal.
dang black I should have been a painter. That would help!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Elite HDF Member

If you offer the vendor 300.00 they will take it.
Those knockoffs are about 90% the quality of the HD lowers, work fine, and look the part, but take in mind... there are lots here who frown on buying chinese knockoffs and you will hear it to no end.
If that doesn't bother you - doesn't me, I'm Asian - then get a set. They are great for 3 bills...

I would not buy them if you need to paint them.

lp

Last edited by lp; 04-07-2011 at 11:26 AM..
Old 04-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Ultimate HDF Member

I know of two individuals that have purchased the knockoffs from the "Fairing Factory" on Ebay. Both said the quality was good, paint was adequate (both vivid black) and both were happy with their purchase as they didn't have as much into them as OEM because they don't run them year round. Maybe that helps. FWIW, there are a lot of Non-USA built bashers everywhere. Your call
Old 04-07-2011, 02:40 PM

I've got an 08 Vivid Black SG so the paint should be "ok" for me. Even $399 shipped seems alright considering I'm sure they'll get rock chipped after any significant riding.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Extreme HDF Member

if you want to spend the money on the chinese take offs, that's your choice. and i will not bash you for it. but before you do, consider that genuine hd lowers, painted to match will run you $535.00 (vivid black) from zanottis. about $40.00 less if you go with denim black.

that comes complete. painted to match, with gloveboxes and all mounting hardware.

i know i gave you zanotti's price, but i would consider getting with jon (pc pain) here on the forum. he is the parts manager for horny toad hd in tyler tx, to see what kind of price he can get you. jon.horton@hornytoadhd.com

thats my new source for hd parts.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Prospect

Had them on my bike, they were nice BUT , it bothered me that i tried to cheap out on a 25k bike. Had to replace one later and went the way of OEM the second time. jd
Old 04-07-2011, 03:31 PM

P

Tags
2009, aftermarket, classic, davidson, electra, fairing, fairings, glide, harley, hd, identification, lower, lowers, market, ultra