Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

P

Old 10-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Hang Around
Default Dealers in the Phoenix area

I'm considering the purchase of a Road Glide and was wondering about the Harley dealers in the Phoenix area. Good, Bad? How about Grand Canyon Harley? Your thoughts?
Old 10-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Outstanding HDF Member
Send a message via Yahoo to FireHawk
Default RE: Dealers in the Phoenix area

Hi Bats!

I was really pleased on how Buddy Stubbs Arizona Harley Davidson treated me on my purchase. Pretty much MSRP, no freebies (at least for me) but they treat you like family.

Others mileage may vary....
Old 10-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Road Captain
Send a message via AIM to luvmyflhtcui Send a message via Yahoo to luvmyflhtcui

Chandler's H-D will take care of you. They have a great staff and will work the extra's for you. Give them a call. They are in Phoenix.

scott
Old 10-20-2006, 01:00 AM
Prospect

Chandler HD is the biggest pressure cooker I have ever been to. I liked Chester's sales staff. I however bought from a private party to avoid paying sales tax.

2003 Gun metal blue Road King Classic
V&H basic slip on's
Forged billet AC with a K&N
PC III, 14" mini apes
Lots and lots of chrome.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:45 AM
Prospect

From my experience, don't expect any favors from any Phoenix area motorcycle dealer (not just H-D)! The demand has been so strong they don't feel a need to do anything but maximize profit! No good deals. If you can buy for MSRP, you're lucky. Stubbs claims to sell at MSRP, but if you look closely, the dealer prep cost is totally out of line.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:33 AM
Road Captain

Quote:
ORIGINAL: rrockefe

From my experience, don't expect any favors from any Phoenix area motorcycle dealer (not just H-D)! The demand has been so strong they don't feel a need to do anything but maximize profit! No good deals. If you can buy for MSRP, you're lucky. Stubbs claims to sell at MSRP, but if you look closely, the dealer prep cost is totally out of line.
Agreed. Chesters has a decent sales staff as well, all bikes are msrp, but they won't give you a pass on dealer prep/freight. But I got the bike I wanted in the color I wanted when promised, at msrp, no b.s.

Phoenix is a hot (literally) place for bikes, I don't think you'll do much better than the above examples. And there are still dealers here selling bikes over msrp (and getting it), especially baggers.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:41 AM
Prospect

I would also recommend Stubbs. MSRP on the bike, the set up fees are the same as they were in CO when I bought bikes there, they gave me a discount on the extended warranty and 10% off parts. The 1000 mile service was cheaper than other dealers also and they got the bike in the day after I called.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
ORIGINAL: batman825

I'm considering the purchase of a Road Glide and was wondering about the Harley dealers in the Phoenix area. Good, Bad? How about Grand Canyon Harley? Your thoughts?

GC is where mine came from. TOP notch employees and establishment
Old 10-20-2006, 03:10 AM
Outstanding HDF Member
Send a message via MSN to oldfartjc

I purchased mine at Arrowhead HD in NW Phoenix and it was good experience and they have given me excellent service after the sale. I priced my bike at every dealer around including Grand Canyon, and Arrowhead matched Chesters HD's price which was the lowest. I also got 10% off that day on everything else I bought including the Stage 1 and Exhaust and SERT and a couple of free tee shirts, whoopee. Don't pay any attention to what the price is that's marked on the bike, just have your homework done with all the out the door prices from the other dealers. There wasn't that much difference in price from most of them. They all had an inflated setup charge of around $700 and document charge of $300. Grand Canyon had less sales tax which was the only difference. They all try to sell you every add-on there is like extended warranties and tire and wheel warranties and everything else under the sun that they can think of. Buddy Stubbs had one of the colors I wanted but they already added all kinds of chrome extras to the bike which added almost $3000 and it didn't even have a Stage One or Exhaust added yet which would have raised the price even more. I prefer to choose my own add-ons and not the ones the dealers want to add on. I do like Buddy Stubbs HD and they always have a lot of activities going on and I probably would have bought my bike there, but not with all their add-ons.

2006 Road King FLHRI/Deep Cobalt
Stage 1/SE A/C K&N Filter/SERT
SE Pro Performance Exhaust
Old 10-20-2006, 03:11 AM
Outstanding HDF Member
Send a message via Yahoo to FireHawk

Quote:
ORIGINAL: rrockefe

I knew that would draw you out. How have you been?

I also have to add that I got 10% off on anything I had added to the bike.... and I added a lot.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:11 AM

P