Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!!!!!!!!! Harmon/ Kardon Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 03:38 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts
Default HELP!!!!!!!!!! Harmon/ Kardon Stereo

OK, so there is a current thread about the time being off on the radio. so I did the download of the radio software update found here: http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...io-system.html

I'm trying the update and I have a serious problem. I followed the directions and inserted the CD when instructed. It is stuck on verifying DSP image. Was stuck there for over a half hour. I tried to eject the cd, turned the ign off and the cd is stuck in the stereo. I followed the hd directions to remove the maxi fuse and try again, still doent eject. Actually none of the buttons work.

Not sure what to do here. Not really sure if there is a reset button on the back of the stereo.

Any and all help is appriciated

Old 05-15-2011, 03:41 PM
JRBass
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember a thread where a Poster had this happen and he had to go to the dealer and they replaced the Stereo under warranty. Did you try their steps on the maxifuse and stuff more than once.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:44 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by JRBass
I remember a thread where a Poster had this happen and he had to go to the dealer and they replaced the Stereo under warranty. Did you try their steps on the maxifuse and stuff more than once.
Yes I did. My bike is not under waranty anymore.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:46 PM
JRBass
Road Captain
Old 05-15-2011, 03:50 PM
JRBass
Road Captain

Sorry but it kinda sounds like a call to Ironcross for you. Search for them on these forums plenty of great stuff about them and quick turnarounds.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Navy Mustang
Road Master
Received 307 Likes on 117 Posts

Ironcross is the bomb. They'll fix you right up but they will also charge you quite a lot.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:12 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member

Well, I fired the bike up, turned it off and out popped the cd. Whooooh!

Last edited by steelerdude1; 05-15-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:24 PM
JRBass
Road Captain

Now are you gonna try it again? if so you have to burn the disk in something like Nero or other burning software not Windows drag and drop. also burn it as slow as your burner will go. I did it at 1x actually and its not big files so doesn't take for ever. The reason it Frooze is it couldn't read the disk I found it to be very finicky and took me 3 disks to get it right.

Glad to hear it came out!

Old 05-15-2011, 04:32 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by JRBass
Now are you gonna try it again? if so you have to burn the disk in something like Nero or other burning software not Windows drag and drop. also burn it as slow as your burner will go. I did it at 1x actually and its not big files so doesn't take for ever. The reason it Frooze is it couldn't read the disk I found it to be very finicky and took me 3 disks to get it right.

Glad to hear it came out!
Yep, I did go back and re burn it at the slowest rate I had available (which was 10x which was still faster then the recomended 8x rate). I was a bit affraid to try it again, but I did, and it worked.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of that other thread. I was ready to go for a spin to see if it would come out while riding, and I shut her down to get my jacket on, and when I did, I used the ignition switch rather then the kill switch, and out it came.

So does this update fix the clock? it better after all this grief.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:41 PM
JRBass
Road Captain

I updated mine a while back but I have never had the clock issue with mine other than twice a year it seems to be an hour off. Once in the Spring and Once in the fall.

Quick Reply: HELP!!!!!!!!!! Harmon/ Kardon Stereo