Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Owners with PowerVision READ THIS

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 05:07 PM
mking7
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Owners with PowerVision READ THIS

Just a head's up. The latest firmware update on the PV appears to have a bug regarding 2011 Touring Models. I attempted to use mine to flash my bike this weekend and it's telling me the device is married to another bike (even though it was new out of the box and never attached to any other bike).

I called Jamie at Fuelmoto and he immediately contacted Dynojet and they have already been in touch with and have a resolution for this issue, just waiting for some files. Only posting this for any other owners of 2011 bikes and PV. I wouldn't update to the latest firmware till this is fixed with a patch or you'll be dead in the water like me.

All parties involved (Jamie and Dynojet) are great to deal with. This kind of stuff happens and they are working quickly to resolve. The test of a product for me is how issues are resolved when they arise and Jamie and Dynojet get high marks here.

Just trying to save others the aggrevation if I can.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:22 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Good info and glad to hear FM and DJ are working quickly

Old 06-20-2011, 05:31 PM
harleycat225
Cruiser

Must not be all 2011's. I downloaded the new firmware and flashed my 2011 limited without any problems.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:33 PM
mking7
Cruiser

Originally Posted by harleycat225
Must not be all 2011's. I downloaded the new firmware and flashed my 2011 limited without any problems.
You may be right. He did say it was due to a certain 'routine' or some such thing so maybe it's not all. But, if I wasn't sure I'd still run the old firmware until it's fixed.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:28 PM
mking7
Cruiser

Just FYI in case anyone is following this. Problem resolved. New build is available.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:03 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

had no issues flashing my 2011 sg.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:05 AM
Romingnometx
Advanced

How do ya'll like the Power Vision? I have an 11 Ultra Classic and doing a Stage1 now, but possibly more down the road. I'm trying to decide between the Power Vision an PCV.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:25 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Romingnometx
How do ya'll like the Power Vision? I have an 11 Ultra Classic and doing a Stage1 now, but possibly more down the road. I'm trying to decide between the Power Vision an PCV.
Go to the PV thread in the Tuner/ECM section and follow what owners are saying.

To the OP: What firmware version caused this problem?

Old 06-25-2011, 06:14 AM
55DavidJ
3rd Gear

Samething just happened to me ARRRGGGG! on a Fri 8pm and everyone was closed guess I will have to wait untill Monday. What did they do to fix it?
BTW Thanks for posting this issue, now I want spend all weekend looking for a fix or thinking I did something worng. This is just my luck I am home on vacation for 10 days and wanted to play with my new toys! LOL!

Originally Posted by mking7
Just a head's up. The latest firmware update on the PV appears to have a bug regarding 2011 Touring Models. I attempted to use mine to flash my bike this weekend and it's telling me the device is married to another bike (even though it was new out of the box and never attached to any other bike).

I called Jamie at Fuelmoto and he immediately contacted Dynojet and they have already been in touch with and have a resolution for this issue, just waiting for some files. Only posting this for any other owners of 2011 bikes and PV. I wouldn't update to the latest firmware till this is fixed with a patch or you'll be dead in the water like me.

All parties involved (Jamie and Dynojet) are great to deal with. This kind of stuff happens and they are working quickly to resolve. The test of a product for me is how issues are resolved when they arise and Jamie and Dynojet get high marks here.

Just trying to save others the aggrevation if I can.

Last edited by 55DavidJ; 06-25-2011 at 06:16 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:22 AM
mking7
Cruiser

I think the issue was with the firmware version ending in 854. The last version I saw available was 857 and that is what fixed it for me.

55davidj- what firmware version do u have? If you haven't updated it since wednesday u probly need to.

Quick Reply: 2011 Owners with PowerVision READ THIS