Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Track Trackula kit review

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 08:40 AM
racerxdan
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Track Trackula kit review

Just had the true track trackula kit installed on my 02 FLHTCI.
What a difference in the way it handles, I bought the bike new, had the wobble going into corners, had to really watch my speed entering long tight curves getting onto/exit highway ramps
did 200 miles yesterday thru MD & WV and (RTE 33) with the wife on, all I can say is WOW! it handles like on rails!, I can scrape the floor boards and felt like it was glued to the road, never a scary moment. even the wife said she can tell it handles way better.

There is some vibration that I can now feel, from 2600RPM's to 2900, not bad but I can tell it is there, Wish I would have this installed years ago completley different bike

Last edited by racerxdan; 07-05-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Harley X 3
Novice

Cool, where did you ordered it from and how much did it cost, did you install it yourself? Post some pics of it.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:59 AM
racerxdan
Novice

Got it from True Track, (you can to thier web site)was around 670.00 includes the true track brace, the new bronze bearings and isolators for the swing arm, (eliminates the heim joints
on the stocker) new swing arm axle/blot and new front motor mount. yeah it costs alot but it was deff worth it. I had Stone Cycles in Deep Creek MD install it for me, from what I've read on here and other forums you can install it your self, but was in a hurry, long trip planned at the end of this week plus he was doing other stuff to the bike, new rear tire, brakes,rotors Full Sac dual exhaust conversion, which was another plus, sounds great and got rid of the heat on the right side. I can not tell by the seat of the pants of any loss in the low end.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:25 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

I've had their Trackula kit for over three years now and you are quite right, it transforms things! I don't get any extra vibes with mine and have an S&S 107 now. I also had a kit on my Dyna. which had the same improved handling. It's the only way to travel!

Old 07-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Little Mike
Road Master
Received 93 Likes on 24 Posts

Over priced and over engineered! The problem stems from the **** poor bushings the MOCO puts in the rear swing arm. As they age, the rubber breaks down and the torque of the swing arm increases to the point of "the wobble". The braces are band-aids. If you are fixing where the problem where it starts by putting in a better swing arm pivot axel and significantly better bushings why also bolt on the brace??? The tru-track used to only be the brace, that was it, period. Now for, according to their website, the bargain price of $799 you can get their brace and a lot of stuff that looks really similar, but just different enough to avoid lawsuits to what you get in a glide-pro system. And the glide-pro system costs about half...sometimes more isn't always better.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:21 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

Originally Posted by Little Mike
Over priced and over engineered! The problem stems from the **** poor bushings the MOCO puts in the rear swing arm. As they age, the rubber breaks down and the torque of the swing arm increases to the point of "the wobble".
That is partly true. The cleve blocks they fitted on early Evos were composite and did indeed decay, however they were replaced with steel bushings long before racerxdan's bike was built.

The braces are band-aids. If you are fixing where the problem where it starts by putting in a better swing arm pivot axel and significantly better bushings why also bolt on the brace??? .
You really should study this topic more closely before making statements like that! Erik Buell installed three stabilizers on all his brand bikes, having invented and patented his system when designing the original Harley rubber-mount frames. For reasons we may never know, Harley only fitted two of those stabilizers.

The crucial one they left off is the rear one, that should be there to support the rear rubber mounts. If you look at any rubber-mount Sportster or Buell you will see they have a rear stabilizer. True-Track introduced their kits so we touring owners could have one. It is NOT a band-aid!

The tru-track used to only be the brace, that was it, period. Now for, according to their website, the bargain price of $799 you can get their brace and a lot of stuff that looks really similar, but just different enough to avoid lawsuits to what you get in a glide-pro system. And the glide-pro system costs about half...sometimes more isn't always better.
You're not comparing apples with apples! You don't have to buy the expensive kit. For people like me, with an elderly bike, the extra parts True-Track offer are straight replacements for the old and worn out parts we will disturb while fitting their stabilizer. Simple!

The True-Track system is patented. Not all alternative brands of these things are.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:08 PM
RAGDOCTOR
Intermediate

Well said grbrown.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:48 PM
RAGDOCTOR
Intermediate

racerxdan, double ck that the heim joint of the True-Track unit is in a complete neutral position. If not this could be why you are picking up some vibration at 2600-2900 rpm. Neutral is explained in the install video available at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TrueTrac.../2/Tkbj645EX1g. (cut and paste the youtube address into your tool bar if needed)
You'll need a 1/2 inch open end wrench to adjust the center of the heim joint and you'll need a 9/16 open end wrench to undo and re-tighten the jam nuts.
Also double check that the rear isolators in the swingarm have not been over torqued.
The True-Track products from design do not add vibration when properly installed.
Glad to hear you're happy with the change in the handling of your bike. Ride safe.

Last edited by RAGDOCTOR; 07-05-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:49 AM
racerxdan
Novice

Will do, thanks and thanks to grbrown, I've read several of his posts and decided on the true track because of his replys, was it expensive? to me, no.
I really didnt know how scary my bike had become to ride over the years, more miles,things getting worn out until after I had the trackula kit installed , cant believe that I rode it that way for so long especially with the wife on..I did a lot of research and to ME, the true track trackula seemed the best route to go by replacing the swing arm bushings with solid ones and also the brace. JMHO.
Like I said before it's like riding a different bike!

Old 07-06-2011, 06:50 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,434 Likes on 21,388 Posts

Glide-Pro for a lot less.

Quick Reply: True Track Trackula kit review