Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another handlebar question, should be quick and painless

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 02:36 PM
scrawfordFLSTC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another handlebar question, should be quick and painless

I can't really find the information I'm looking for, so I'm going to throw this out for your help. I currently have the "heritage" bars on my road king, but want something a little taller (2-3 inches). I am happy with the width and pullback, just want more height. According to HD's website, the "heritage" bars are 12" rise, as best as I can tell this isn't accurate, so the first question is: what is the actual rise of the "heritage" bars, and what are my bar options for a similarly spec-ed bar with 2-3 inches of additional rise. Hope this makes sense, thanks for your help.

Scott

Old 04-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Loc_Tite
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Can't help you too much, but as for the 12" rise being innacurate it might be due to looking at specs for either of the two "heritage" bars... There's "Heritage"" bars and there's also "Heritage Style Bars for Road King". I've heard they are different from each other.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:20 PM
FDHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 237 Likes on 123 Posts

As Loc Tite said, there is a big difference between the Heritage "style" bars and the Heritage bars (56569-09). The Heritage bars look like baby apes. Just ordered them for my RKC.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:24 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Just measured the bars on the Heritage in my garage and they are 10" tall.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:30 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

I don't know if this will help you or not but why not just try to find taller risers?

Old 04-08-2012, 07:39 PM
scrawfordFLSTC
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hog-doc
Just measured the bars on the Heritage in my garage and they are 10" tall.
10" is about what I measured.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:40 PM
scrawfordFLSTC
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by qtrracer
I don't know if this will help you or not but why not just try to find taller risers?
I don't think I can use taller risers, it's a road king classic, therefore it has the riser cover.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:05 PM
booch
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I just replaced my Heritage style bars with 10 inch MBB.
Both claim to be 10 inches but as you can see in the pictures they must measure differently.

Old 09-24-2020, 06:14 PM
jambo1989
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by scrawfordFLSTC
I can't really find the information I'm looking for, so I'm going to throw this out for your help. I currently have the "heritage" bars on my road king, but want something a little taller (2-3 inches). I am happy with the width and pullback, just want more height. According to HD's website, the "heritage" bars are 12" rise, as best as I can tell this isn't accurate, so the first question is: what is the actual rise of the "heritage" bars, and what are my bar options for a similarly spec-ed bar with 2-3 inches of additional rise. Hope this makes sense, thanks for your help.

Scott
Now I dont want all you guys out there to laugh at me, but here goes! On my Heritage I wanted higher bars, and its just so hard to find what I wanted just by looking at pictures and taking measurements. So I went to the dealer and picked something out of the catalog. Well, they werent bad, but I still wanted a little more height. So to the Ace hardware store I went and bought two 1/2 inch drive 1 1/16 inch sockets and a couple of longer bolts. This raised the bars 1 1/2 inches, and the chrome plating on these sockets is excellent. No one would even know I used sockets to raise the bars if I didnt tell them. And a lot cheaper than buying risers from HD or aftermarket. Good luck!

The following users liked this post:
Cozz (09-24-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 06:28 PM
Cozz
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,855 Likes on 1,851 Posts

Originally Posted by scrawfordFLSTC
10" is about what I measured.
THATS what SHE said. !

Quick Reply: another handlebar question, should be quick and painless