Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left stranded by brand new CVO

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 08:44 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Left stranded by brand new CVO

Yesterday afternoon at 5 PM my 2011 Road Glide Ultra CVO breaks down at local gas station after fill up. I Pushed start button and hear a metallic rattle like a nut or bolt falling inside engine. Bike won't start. Nine days old with 950 miles on the clock. Was planning to do an oil change last night.

I called my dealership 25 miles away on advice. Was recommended I call HOG for tow to dealership. HOG membership came through. Got the bike to dealer by 6:45 last night with no additional tow charges.

I went to dealership first thing this morning and had a work order written up. Called dealer at 3 PM today and was told they were swamped with work, so no one looked at it. I was told they should get to it in the morning and the plan was to open the primary. Hopefully there won't be any negative surprises.

Anyone with similar experience on this?

Now my rant:
Dropping 38 large just over a week ago on the bike I felt I should have earned some priority ahead of bikes waiting for simple maintenance. Guess many years of Gold Wing ownership has spoiled me. Rant over.

I do have confidence in my dealer's mechanics at this time.

Last edited by cptdenny; 10-05-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are taking this pretty well..I will give you that. Dropped 38k on a CVO a week ago and they are pushing you to the end of the line? It isn't like you have it in there for a loose mirror.

Hope it isn't anything too serious and once again I give you props for keeping your cool

Old 10-05-2011, 08:52 PM
18BKLR
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kudos to you for keeping your cool. I would of kicked the door in. Way to much cash spent on the MOCO's pride and joy to get shoved to the back of the line. Wow! Hope it was something stupid.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Damn,I would be PISSED! You are taking it way better than I would.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:56 PM
piesik650
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Compinsator bolt?

Old 10-05-2011, 08:59 PM
bagman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I know this wont take any of the sting out of it but maybe their better tech was off today and will be back tomorrow? That would be better than putting any ol flunky on it. Have you ever thought that the other bike owners think the same about their money spent and their place in line is important to them too? Just sayn. But yes it is BS hearing that from the service writer, most (not all by far)of them couldnt make it as a wrench.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:59 PM
run1fsr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

Good luck and hopefully it is something minor. HD customer service at times leaves much to be desired.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:10 PM
iride66
Cruiser

I understand your frustration, sucks when you brand new, expensive scooter is broke.

On the other hand...if the service writer tells me my bike won't be ready when promised because the guy who can afford a 38k bike came in after me and wants his....probably gonna get an ear full.

Regardless...hope they fix your bike and your in the wind enjoying it quick!

Cheers

Old 10-05-2011, 09:12 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by bagman1
I know this wont take any of the sting out of it but maybe their better tech was off today and will be back tomorrow? That would be better than putting any ol flunky on it. Have you ever thought that the other bike owners think the same about their money spent and their place in line is important to them too? Just sayn. But yes it is BS hearing that from the service writer, most (not all by far)of them couldnt make it as a wrench.
Of course I think of others that may feel their bikes are just as important to them. I also would understand being in their position and would respect someone in mine after such a short time of ownership being left stranded by an overly expensive bike.

Im very grateful that I didn't break down the day before when I was over 100 miles away from home. I'm grateful that I dropped my handicapped wife off 30 minutes earlier. I'm grateful it didn't start raining. I'm grateful I and my bike arrived at the dealership safe & sound. I'm grateful that I was able to finally afford a bike like this.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:16 PM
TheSter
Advanced

My friend has the same bike and it broke down after 1 week. Bike would not start until the sixth or seventh try and then it would shutdown when he was in second or third gear. Dealer had the bike for 2 weeks and didn't know what was wrong with it; no codes on ECM. Called factory and two days later they sent down a set of new injectors. Since then it has quit on him one time sofar. Haven't talk to him since then

Quick Reply: Left stranded by brand new CVO