Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best tuner

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 09:04 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default best tuner

I have looked, but I can't find a thread asking this basic question. I'm getting ready to get a 2012 SG and wanted to put new true dual (possibly Rhineharts - worried about sounds overpowering stereo), stage one, and a tuner. The problems is I don't know which tuner. I used to own an 07 RK with True Dual Rhineharts, Big Sucker Stage one, PCIII. Loved the setup except the PCIII was not an autotuner. I'm not sure if that really matters.

I'm just wanting to ask which tuner you have and are you happy with it. I know most parts are personal preference, but I think this one it is important to get some reviews. So here it is, I'm asking for reviews on any tuner.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:30 AM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got the PC5 with autotune, some members say they don't like a piggy back setup. I agree but I already had the PC5, the autotune has been working great. Starting out again, I would go with the Power Vision because I know Power Commanders work and FM is 8 miles from me.

Last edited by drukanfu; 11-27-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:39 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,434 Likes on 21,388 Posts

Don't worry, your stereo will be underpowered if anything...
As far as tuners go, if you're not into dyno-ing check out Revolution Performance..

The Revolution Performance will auto adjust to new pipes, cams, etc.
That is the brillant feature of this system, unlike the others, and if I had it to do over again the one that I would go with from the start..

I've got a Power Commdander V and it works good, but you need to have it dyno-ed for maximum usage..
Many on here use the PC Autotuner as well and it works in conjunction with the PC-V, but my last tuner dude stated that it messed up his tunes and he recommended taking it off, so I did.
My new tuner dude likes them, but I don't think that I will get another auto-tuner..other than the Revolution Performance.
Hope this helps and it is a lot to think through, I know..

Old 11-27-2011, 09:47 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

the power vision tuner is suppose to be a great tuner....I use a PCV and it works great for me, I just set it and forget it...some folks who are more,, lets say picky than me like the PCV with the autotune....but the power commander powervision is suppose to be the latest and greatest these days...

Old 11-27-2011, 09:48 AM
buggy
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am using the s.e.r.t. and am happy with it. I stuck with the moco simply because warranty and 3 buddys had power commander issues with the tuner and the autotuner. Thats my opinion, one of many you will get.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

TTS is the best.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:15 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Less Is More

For me, less was more. I put on a set of slip on mufflers on my 09 Road King. The bike developed popping (running to lean) with a downshift decel. I purchsed and installed a V&H Fuelpak after I got in touch with V&H to make sure they could recommend a MAP setup to solve the popping issue. I don't plan on doing ANY more performance mods. The installation and setup was about as EZ as it could get. For a "basic" mod setup (air filter/exhaust) this is a great product. ANYTHING after that I would recommend a more advanced tuner!

Old 11-27-2011, 10:16 AM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 633 Likes on 505 Posts

depends on what is important to u tts is best but...u will have to pay for a dyno tune or take time to learn to tune it yourself.sert is a close second simsialer to tts.pcv plugg and play get it from fuelmoto it will be premapped for your setup,dyno tune may gain a little performance or better milage if u find a good dyno operator to tune it but fuelmoto maps are very close for a (canned map) ar u can add auto tune to pcv but again theres a learning curve for u. not up to speed on power vision.dealer download does very little basicaly a map for screaming eagle parts,still tends to be lean as it is epa compliant those that went from download to a tuner of any kind have seen big gains over the download. xied pluggs inline on o2 sensors make for richer tune when ecm is in closed loop mode, i had em and they were a slight improvment but didnt compair to a good tune.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:18 AM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 633 Likes on 505 Posts

i dont recomend fuel pack, v&h keeps there setting a secret.if u have issuies your at thier mercy as to what to try u wont know what the settings are reallly doing.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Don't worry, your stereo will be underpowered if anything...
As far as tuners go, if you're not into dyno-ing check out Revolution Performance..

The Revolution Performance will auto adjust to new pipes, cams, etc.
That is the brillant feature of this system, unlike the others, and if I had it to do over again the one that I would go with from the start..

I've got a Power Commdander V and it works good, but you need to have it dyno-ed for maximum usage..
Many on here use the PC Autotuner as well and it works in conjunction with the PC-V, but my last tuner dude stated that it messed up his tunes and he recommended taking it off, so I did.
My new tuner dude likes them, but I don't think that I will get another auto-tuner..other than the Revolution Performance.
Hope this helps and it is a lot to think through, I know..
Murph just to add here, the Rev EMS is a great product, but as of yet they don't make one for 2011-2012 bikes. If you're buying a new bike this isn't an option as of yet.

Quick Reply: best tuner