Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on Rinehart True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 08:32 AM
LKHA
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Opinions on Rinehart True Duals

Does any one have a opinion on the difference of the two types of Rinehart True Duals. The old stand by Rinehart Classic True Duals or the new Rinehart Xtreme True Duals. This will go on the new Ultra as a package from fuel moto. The wife wants the old sound we had with duals onn the 00 ultra. Still on the fence also on the 3.5-4 inch pipes thanks in advance

Old 01-02-2012, 08:41 AM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

I may be off base here, but I thought Rinehart made at least one set of duals that are "non-standard". That is to say regular slip-ons won't fit on them. I would never buy headers like that. It limits you too much on muffler choices in the future. Also, I wouldn't buy any headers that aren't ceramic coated inside and out. This helps tremendously with heat radiated to the rider/pass.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:27 AM
MichiganRider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I emailed them and they claim the Xtreme's will make more power then the classic's. The classic's are more clean looking, but the Xtreme's are more equal length and routed much different. The rear pipe runs in front of the oil fill/dipstick. I went with the black Xtreme 4". I had classic's on my old bike but wanted something different. Did you look at the pictures on their website?

Old 01-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by LKHA
Does any one have a opinion on the difference of the two types of Rinehart True Duals. The old stand by Rinehart Classic True Duals or the new Rinehart Xtreme True Duals. This will go on the new Ultra as a package from fuel moto. The wife wants the old sound we had with duals onn the 00 ultra. Still on the fence also on the 3.5-4 inch pipes thanks in advance
If Rineharts are what you are going to purchase I would at least get the standard set so you can check your oil without any problems. Now on the other hand why not go with a better system such as Fuel Moto's or Fullsak or V&H's Power Duals. Either of these systems will give you the bottom end tq as well as great topend hp. I'm just say'n.
I would also go with the 4" mufflers.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:38 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,526 Likes on 1,421 Posts

The indies at my local dealership all gripe about the Rines' that cover the dipstick. I would avoid them for that reason. You may plan on only checking when the engine is cool, but on the road, you need that option open. Poor design.

The following users liked this post:
CSS_FXD (07-23-2021)
Old 01-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,573 Likes on 1,497 Posts

I think Xtremes are the way to go. Checking the oil is no big deal,just use a glove. On the new frame bikes with the 180 tire,the 4 inch Rinehart looks the best IMHO.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:46 AM
LKHA
Road Captain

The debate over a better system has been beat like i said the wife wants the sound to be close to the 00. I have not liked the look of the stacked pipe and the "X" look is not for me either. The power debate will go on for ever also and read all these post and have a plan for that down the road. The blockage of the dip stick is it a big deal?

The following users liked this post:
Hub1 (08-17-2016)
Old 01-02-2012, 09:49 AM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 216 Posts

I'm not sure if your 00 Ultra was carbureted, if it was, your not gonna get the same old skool cool sound out of the new injected ride no matter what pipes you have. Some cams may help with the sound, but it will never be the same.

That being said, I would not buy any non standard size of head pipes (ie 2"). like stated above, your slip on choices will be slim.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:55 AM
LKHA
Road Captain

The 00 was injected so yes i know i wont get the old school sound. but still want the true dual sound.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:56 AM
wjl24
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The new style is just ugly in my opinion. But that's subjective. I had the "traditional" rinehart true duals on my last bike and they were great. Looks and sound.

Quick Reply: Opinions on Rinehart True Duals