Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 02:47 PM
SteelCityRider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake pads

Getting ready to order tires, tubes, liners and Brak Pads for a 07 Road King. Searched for info on the differnet pads, could not find what I was looking for. Question is what pads are you using and have used for a period of time with the best results. Not buying the cheap one or the most expensive ones either. Looking for a good set. Please let me know what you are using or feel is the best out there.

What is Sintered brake pads and are they on the bike?

Last edited by SteelCityRider; 02-28-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Added to question
Old 02-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Lyndall Z-Pads gold

Old 02-27-2012, 03:24 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Lyndall Gold+

Old 02-27-2012, 03:44 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

Lyndall Gold +

Old 02-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea, what he said, Lyndall Z+..... Best price I have found on them was $115.95 with free shipping for three sets from Eastern Performance

Old 02-27-2012, 04:39 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

I know I'll get the "cheap pads on the 20k motorcycle" lecture from someone, but here goes. Acting on a tip from a trusted tech, I tried some metalic-ceramic pads sold on Ebay by Partsangel, who has >15k feedbacks at 99.7% positive.

After about six months of use I can find no faults with these pads. They perform very well in wet or dry, leave almost no dust, are wearing well with no noticeable wear on rotors, and are silent. These are for '00-'07 touring bikes and they currently have nothing for later-model bikes. The branding on the package was "NGBBP", and the price is $44 shipped for three sets. Since installing them several of my friends have followed suit and they have reported no problems or voiced any complaints.

This seller has numerous auctions going at any given time, but here is a current one.

Last edited by iclick; 02-27-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
I know I'll get the "cheap pads on the 20k motorcycle" lecture from someone, but here goes. Acting on a tip from a trusted tech, I tried some metalic-ceramic pads sold on Ebay by Partsangel, who has >15k feedbacks at 99.7% positive.

After about six months of use I can find no faults with these pads. They perform very well in wet or dry, leave almost no dust, are wearing well with no noticeable wear on rotors, and are silent. These are for '00-'07 touring bikes and they currently have nothing for later-model bikes. The branding on the package was "NGBBP", and the price is $44 shipped for three sets. Since installing them several of my friends have followed suit and they have reported no problems or voiced any complaints.

This seller has numerous auctions going at any given time, but here is a current one.
Gonna buy three and try them out next time. Can't beat the price, and I value your recommendation as well! Thanks for posting!

Old 02-27-2012, 10:36 PM
05 Ultra
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

While I was looking, I saw those and almost took a chance. But went with the Z+. So far so good.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I just put Ohlins shocks on my bike tonight based on all the positive reviews on this forum. I can do the same for brake pads but this time I'll save some money instead of spending it. thanks for the tip and recommendation.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:32 AM
X Iron Butt
Supporter
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I put these on 300 miles ago on your recomendation. I have run this composit on my Shovel for years with no issues so when I saw your post I went for it. Feels good to save 60%. They have performed as expected and so far no dust.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Brake pads