Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

P

Old 03-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Road Master
Default Try Johnson Hylift lifters (if your chasing cam chest noise)

I have always has cam chest noise nothing crazy but we all know the noise you hear on the bikes as they age.

I picked up a set of the Hylift lifters & finally was able to get my adjustable push rods set in correctly. These are quiet, As in these are hear the intake breath quiet. You start to hear other parts of the motor make you worry quiet. Either way for the 109$ I spent for the set I would recommend these for mild builds the is a (S) model of this lifter for the more aggressive cams out there.

(I'm running a stock cam at the moment because I'm tired of missing riding & still not sure if I want to go with the TW6 or something else).

Just know I see a lot of posts of people chasing mystery cam chest noise. Thought I would throw in something that worked for me.

2000 Ultra Classic: Tru-Duals , Rush 3.5 Slip-on's, PC3USB, 14in Apes, Sony HU, Polk Audio, SoundStream Amp, SE Cam upgrade plate, Ness intake, Razor Tourpak, Cee Baileys Cee Devil windshield.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:24 PM
One Of The Regulars

Ran them in a recent build and it was pretty noisy, but then there are other factors contributing to noise like cam profile and spring pressures. My issue is that one of them failed at around 20,000 miles requiring a complete rebuild.

Just saying

Hobe
Old 03-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobe View Post
Ran them in a recent build and it was pretty noisy, but then there are other factors contributing to noise like cam profile and spring pressures. My issue is that one of them failed at around 20,000 miles requiring a complete rebuild.

Just saying

Hobe
Wow, but if a lifter fails it fails, that is why I went with new lifters anyway. I just was not expecting them to be so quiet. I do agree it has a lot to do with cam profile & lifter.

2000 Ultra Classic: Tru-Duals , Rush 3.5 Slip-on's, PC3USB, 14in Apes, Sony HU, Polk Audio, SoundStream Amp, SE Cam upgrade plate, Ness intake, Razor Tourpak, Cee Baileys Cee Devil windshield.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:04 PM

P