Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reckless Fairing mounting brackets question ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 10:03 AM
maldito33
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004Sierra
Had mine painted by Reckless (outer and inner) and it matches the vivid black perfect.

I get compliments all the time on the fairing. From the front most think its a stock Harley fairing. Then they look at inner and see the 6x9 speakers and realize its aftermarket.
The gel coat black was good enough match for my vivid black 10 deluxe. It fit great, I have 14" wild ones so I filed out the mounting holes a bit to move my bars out more.
I also put my own radio n speakers in. I saved some bucks.
My friends didn't know the difference in color, if your a perfectionist AND have the money go ahead n spend it
Lucky you I can't.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:37 AM
Gwytoli
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reckless fairing...wrong brackets for 05 Road King what do I do? Alex? Anyone

I have an 05 Road King....I attempted to attach the reckless fairing and the brackets don't line up.....where can I get a new bracket kit for it ? Or jerry rig it fit ?

Old 11-30-2015, 08:09 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Originally Posted by Gwytoli
I have an 05 Road King....I attempted to attach the reckless fairing and the brackets don't line up.....where can I get a new bracket kit for it ? Or jerry rig it fit ?
Call Reckless. Mine was tight, but spot on!
Rubber bushings are replaced with all metal, all came with it.
Turn spots out, makes the 'King open up and say "Ahh..." (LOL) and the fairing is on. I leave the wind deflectors and the lower fork baffle on all the time, no issues.
Mine is off most of the time, but will be putting it back on soon. Temps here are still 70's - 50's. That's my cold weather setup, really keeps the wind off my hands. I went with the Polk Audio/Infinity (Both Marine) Bluetooth Setup, does as expected. They matched my two tone root beer perfectly.
Good folks, had mine about 3 years.