Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanting to hear some tunes on the Road King

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 10:54 AM
eland
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wanting to hear some tunes on the Road King

I was wondering what some of you guys are doing for tunes on a Road King.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

If you do a search there a quite a few threads on this subject. Many get handlebar or windshield mounted systems to use with their iPods.

Check this out: http://www.adrianmerrington.com/radio.html

I went with a detachable fairing (made my own) which holds an amp and speakers for my iPod. Unlike a lot of RK riders who get thier detachable fairing and never take them off...mine is only on for touring or cold temperatures.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Mark98012
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I was at Arlen Ness's showroom last year I saw a sharp setup by Hogtunes I think. That setup with the Ness windshield cover, fairing (or what ever they call it) looked really cool. It was detachable along with windshield (or not if you want). I thought it looked pretty good BUT never heard it (it has 3 speakers).

Old 04-09-2012, 11:12 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Almost everyone I have talked to that has the handlebar mounted speakers have reported less than happy results. In my opinion that is no surprise.

Have looked at several detachable fairing with radio for my GF's Deluxe. Hoppe and WideOpenCustoms are two contenders.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Hot Rod King
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

been looking at the Hogtunes setup that goes on the bars. I did a search and the reviews seem to be 50/50 (big surprise) Im leaning that way as I dont want a fairing set up. interested to hear what others say though

Old 04-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Maury
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the Scala rider and the bluetooth connection to my phone allows me to listen to my music on my phone or listen to FM radio.

be safe out there!

Old 04-09-2012, 12:26 PM
etstrine
Tourer

I have tried a fairing with radio. I sold it as I finally realized I bought the king because I did not like the fairing's look (just one man's opinion) and the sound wasn't that great either. I purchased a Zumo and I use that with my ear buds to listen to music as well as for route navigation. It's like killing two birds with one stone and it is less than the cost of the fairing with a good stereo.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:13 PM
onebadroadking
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been researching audio for road kings for quite sometime now, Im thinking that im going to do a custom speaker in a light bucket mounted on the crash bars and 6x9's in the bags setup. I have yet to find a predone setup that makes me think "oh thats the sh*t". Are there any sight sponsers that handle these kind of audio setups???? If so CHIME IN!!

Old 04-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Maury
I have the Scala rider and the bluetooth connection to my phone allows me to listen to my music on my phone or listen to FM radio.

be safe out there!
I have the same. Works fine. Sound quality isn't as good as a decent set of earbuds, but earbuds are illegal in most states and I need to hear my engine a bit to know when to shift since I don't have a tach

Old 04-09-2012, 01:24 PM
etstrine
Tourer

Originally Posted by Nirvana
I have the same. Works fine. Sound quality isn't as good as a decent set of earbuds, but earbuds are illegal in most states and I need to hear my engine a bit to know when to shift since I don't have a tach

Only 2 states outlaw ear buds and 7 others limit them. Also, once you get used to using them you can feel when you need to shift.
http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/...wyLawChart.pdf

Last edited by etstrine; 04-09-2012 at 01:34 PM. Reason: add resource

Quick Reply: Wanting to hear some tunes on the Road King