Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

StreetGlide vs RoadKing

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 06:11 PM
68 Shovelking
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I put almost 1000 miles on a SG and didn't notice any buffeting issues, but some do.
Also keep in mind there are clip-on batwings available for the RK's. This gives you the option of fairing with tunes, windshield or "in the wind" in minutes.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Smitty79
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the look of the RK, but I prefer the little amenities that the SG has. In the end I went with the SG and I'm very happy. Again, ride both then decide which is the better fit for you and your needs.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior
Received 209 Likes on 116 Posts

I'll chime in here,
I was always fortunate to own two bikes, some kind of bar hoppin" hot rod and a fairing touring bike of some kind. Well those dayz have been no more for about three years now and I always told myself that if I owed only one HD it would be a Road King. I felt being right in the middle i'd be happy. Well although I put together one real nice "07 FLHRS, It's not a full touring bike nor the hot rod I used to ride. I don't miss the hot rod nearly as much as I do that fairing and stereo running down the road. I believe this sweet King is going to be replaced with a new Road Glide Custom real soon.......

Name:  DSC00018.jpg
Views: 4388
Size:  234.5 KB

Old 04-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Dynamohm
Road Warrior
Received 734 Likes on 319 Posts

I went from a Roadking Classic to a Streetglide as many have said you must road test them both especially on the highway. The windshield on the Roadking will block and redirect wind better than the Streetglide. I prefer the feeling of sitting in the bike on the Streetglide rather than the on the bike feeling of the Roadking. My wife prefers riding on the Roadking. For some reason the Streetglide feels more nimble. As far as the radio goes I thought I would never even use it or care about it, now I use it all the time and think it's great. As far as the batwing I got used to it in 1 day now I like it. Put a gun to my head and make me choose 1 over the other I'll take the Streetglide but barely. Now bring back the Roadking Custom with a detachable windshield and it would be no contest.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Yojimbo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mllgator
You will get this answer ALOT!
Ride both - if possible, rent both and take each for good, long, rides (not simply around the block). Dude you are about to drop some serious coin, you sure don't want to make the wrong selection based upon what you "like" best.
I believe your body geometry will answer that question better than this web-site possibly could.
Good Luck!!!
+1. Find the bike that fits you better. Ride several different mods. The bike that fit me best was my third choice, and I haven't regretted not getting #1 or #2. Riding an uncomfortable bike makes the ride a drag. I learned that 30 years ago riding a bike with cafe bars and fairing.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:47 PM
hellhazard
5th Gear

Roadking .. but I am bias

Old 04-09-2012, 08:02 PM
exodor1
Cruiser

I like the looks of the SG but I do like the feel of the hot wind in your face. Just makes me feel more free. I do like the windshield for longer rides though. The RK is probably the most versatile of the two. But you gotta do what you feel is the bike for you. Good luck, and post some pics when you bring her home!

Old 04-11-2012, 04:40 PM
sloans4x4
Cruiser

Well I put a $500 deposit down on this bike today. Supposed to pick it up Sunday. Will get better pics and let you all know what I decide for sure.

Time to start modding!!! lol

http://www.alefshd.com/default.asp?p...2&f=&make=(All Makes)&vtype=&cat=A&s=Year&d=D&i=&l=&t=U

Shane

Old 04-11-2012, 09:06 PM
mac1911
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The ride feels a little different due to the lighter front end. There is a difference in the visual part of the ride as well due to the windshield vs the fairing. A lot more instrumentation and audio/electronics possibilities.

I think you just gotta rent one of each and take each on a day long or weekend trip to evaluate.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:17 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sloans4x4
Well I put a $500 deposit down on this bike today. Supposed to pick it up Sunday. Will get better pics and let you all know what I decide for sure.

Time to start modding!!! lol

http://www.alefshd.com/default.asp?p...2&f=&make=(All Makes)&vtype=&cat=A&s=Year&d=D&i=&l=&t=U

Shane
You made the correct choice! Enjoy!

Quick Reply: StreetGlide vs RoadKing