Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10" Paul Yaffe Bagger Bars w/ stock cables

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Uniquelydunn
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 10" Paul Yaffe Bagger Bars w/ stock cables

Just received my new Paul Yaffe MBB's for my 2012 Street Glide. I have read different threads about stock cables, and if they can be used. Any help on the install of these 10" is appreciated.

*Printed a few step-by-step instructions, and ready to do this! Haha~

Old 04-16-2012, 05:44 PM
brendanstl
Advanced

Everywhere I have read they say that all wires and cables can be used but you should go +2 on the clutch cable at least and if you arent happy with the 10 inch down the road and may want to go bigger you should go +4 or you will have to buy another clutch cable if so. To sum it up, you should go with a +4 clutch cable in case you ever go bigger, might as well do it now.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:49 PM
HD_Matt
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I tried using my stock cables for these to. I had to reroute my clutch cable to inside the fairing, which I didn't like at all and ended up putting a +6 on afterwards. As for the brake line, it worked but I had to actually tilt my master cylinder forward a bit which meant my brake lever was actually pointing down quite a bit. I ended up adding a longer brake line as well.

So the answer is yes you can use the stock cables but it just doesn't end up looking quite right in my opinion.

For running the wires through which can be pretty frustrating at times, I used shrink tubing to get them all together nice and tight and used KY Jelly as lube to feed them through.

Any questions man, just pm me.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:22 PM
LJROY
Advanced

IMO buy new ones.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Uniquelydunn
3rd Gear

Thank you guys for the information. I will look at new cables....want it right. I did just made a nice investment on bars, I might as well get a few more things to get it completed correctly~ just ready for the new look and ride..toughest cost to cough up is the $600 for the dealer ordered ( 2012 Tequila Sunrise paint not available) inner fairing. Let it begin...haha!

Christopher

Old 04-16-2012, 07:05 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Uniquelydunn
Just received my new Paul Yaffe MBB's for my 2012 Street Glide. I have read different threads about stock cables, and if they can be used. Any help on the install of these 10" is appreciated.

*Printed a few step-by-step instructions, and ready to do this! Haha~
Name:  thisthreadisuselesswithoutpichers.jpg
Views: 4520
Size:  41.9 KB
show us the bars

Old 04-16-2012, 07:17 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts

I can't speak from personal experience on the TBW wiring, but I can tell you that on my 2006 I kept all of the stock cables/wires/lines with my PYO bagger apes. I had to reroute the clutch cable as seen in the attached pic. The Brake line is tight, but if you unbolt the housing from the bottom of the trees, it makes it easier to place the master cylinder on the bars, then its a tight stretch, but if you get the bends just right on the metal part of the brake line, it will reach, and can be bolted back on to the trees.

I understand that the TBW wires can be rerouted under the radio and will fit fine.

Hope this helps, and ignore how dirty the bike is.

96b6ca60.jpg?t=1334622393

6d312406.jpg?t=1329266092

Last edited by steelerdude1; 04-16-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:23 PM
B-Squared
Advanced

I just finished doing the 10"MBB's on my 09 SG yesterday so it's fresh in my mind. The stock brake line was perfect, just had to loosen the banjo bolt and turn the line down to get the lever angle I wanted and keep the hose off the inner fairing. Went +4 clutch cable and it was right on. Good luck with your project, mine was sure a test of my patience which I have little of. In the end, it was worth it.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:27 PM
rowdy82
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put 12" torch bars on that are the exact same height as yaffe 10". I was able to use everything stock but couldn't route my clutch cable through the fairing. Do yourself a favor and spend the money for the screaming eagle tbw. It does away with the connector that you have to feed through the bars and saves you major headaches, don't ask me how i know... Good luck, those are great bars.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Uniquelydunn
3rd Gear

Awesome! Glad a posted...getting the +4. No extentions needed for electrical?

Quick Reply: 10" Paul Yaffe Bagger Bars w/ stock cables