Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley headlamp modulation kit, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Harley headlamp modulation kit, anyone?

Has anyone mounted this part? This is new for me and it sounds like a good product. Any pros and cons?

Thx!

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Last edited by Johan96; 04-17-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:10 PM
cmc seabee
Cruiser

Received 71 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Harley headlamp modulation kit, anyone?

Here's what I have had on my 2010 Street Glide for the past 2 years. It works great and is a snap to install. Simply unplug the connector from the headlight, and plug one end of the modulator into the harness and the other end into the headlight. It definitely gets peoples attention and looks like it is a lot smaller than the Harley brand. It uses the high beam instead of the low beam,and includes an eye which turns it off when riding at night. Hope this helps you decide. I see the one Harley sells is $10.00 cheaper, but cheaper is not always the best.

https://www.kisantech.com/view_produ...roduct=P115W-S

Old 04-17-2012, 05:46 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cmc seabee
Here's what I have had on my 2010 Street Glide for the past 2 years. It works great and is a snap to install. Simply unplug the connector from the headlight, and plug one end of the modulator into the harness and the other end into the headlight. It definitely gets peoples attention and looks like it is a lot smaller than the Harley brand. It uses the high beam instead of the low beam,and includes an eye which turns it off when riding at night. Hope this helps you decide. I see the one Harley sells is $10.00 cheaper, but cheaper is not always the best.

Is pink the only color they come in? If I ever drop my fairing I wouldn't want people to see my pink undies.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:46 PM
jdlogan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed the Harley unit on an Electra Glide. Just took a few minutes and works as advertised.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:58 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,555 Likes on 3,058 Posts

I think that they irritate the general populace.

Just more of the "Damn motorcycles!" reaction on the part of cagers that won't understand how you could be so inconsiderate.

Plus I believe that they lead to a false sense of security when approaching intersections.

A strobe light on top of your helmet accomplishes the same thing, so I guess it's just a matter of degree?

Old 04-17-2012, 07:09 PM
kott1
6th Gear

I bought mine from Newcastle H-D. I think w/ 20% discount 84.95 plus shipping. Works great. Not a big fan of the on/off switch since I just installed Klockwerks mantle beach bars. And ran hand controls internally. So I just cut the wires ran internally and soldered with heat shrink.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:16 PM
thehueg
Cruiser

Carry a copy of the Federal Motor Transport regulation which indicates these "wig wag" style lights are legal on motorcycles. I've been pulled over and told by a state trooper these are illegal until I pulled out the regs.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:17 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by cmc seabee
Here's what I have had on my 2010 Street Glide for the past 2 years. It works great....

I've had a Kisan modulator installed on this and my previous bike since 2004. This is the first time I've seen the HD unit but would buy the Kisan again if I needed another modulator. I agree with CMC Seabee that these are attention-getters and may make you just enough more visible to avoid an accident. In the past eight years and probably 80k miles I haven't had one cager pull out in front of me, but I don't take this streak of good fortune for granted and watch every one of them like a hawk. Resist those who say "I don't want my Harley to look like a Honda" and think along the lines of safety.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Romingnometx
Advanced

Does anyone make one of these for LED headlights?

Old 04-17-2012, 08:05 PM
DanDolfn
Tourer

When I had my metric bike with only a single headlight, I had a couple of near misses with people cutting across my path.

I installed the Kisan headlight modulator and the effect was immediately noticeable. Cagers waited longer for me to pass before pulling out on to my road or they waited longer to let me pass before turning left across my road.

When I rode with others, I made sure that the modulator didn't annoy them. If it had, I would just have gone to high beam and turned it off.

My Road King has the large headlight and two smaller lights and I haven't had the same experience with people ignoring me.

My experience with a headlight modulator was VERY positive.

Quick Reply: Harley headlamp modulation kit, anyone?