Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vented Windshields

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Royal Tango
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Vented Windshields

Does any manufacturer offer a vented recurved windshield for an Electra
Glide ?

Old 06-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Octane_Hog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clearview?

Old 06-17-2012, 04:54 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Clearview has them, but the vents rattle if they don't add the gasket which they will not do until after you call and complain. That was the first shield I bought. I made it very clear I did not want a windshield that rattled, they assured me it would not. I installed it and it rattled, so I called them and they said they have a gasket for that so I asked them why they did not put it on when they knew a head of time I was going to complain about the rattle. They said the gasket costs them one dollar so they never put it on unless someone complains and offered to send me one. I told them their policy sucks, they can keep the gasket and the windshield. They said I already put the windshield on so I cannot return it. I called my credit card company and got my money back that way. They intentionally gave me a defective product, hoping to get away with it so they could save $1. I will never do business with them again.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:00 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,494 Likes on 1,604 Posts

I ride a 2000 Ultra and I have the Kuryakyn adjustabe wind deflectors on the batwing fairing.
WIth them properly adjusted I get all of the air I want.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:23 PM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy
I ride a 2000 Ultra and I have the Kuryakyn adjustabe wind deflectors on the batwing fairing.
WIth them properly adjusted I get all of the air I want.
I believe the vent in the shield is there to relieve the vacuum behind the shield that creates turbulence. Not to get air onto the rider.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:50 PM
Royal Tango
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Correct. The vent isn't to get more air on me, it's to relieve pressure. I have found (On other bikes) that vented windshields tend to be better than non vented shields. However, I'm new to Harleys and I'm trying to alleviate the slight buffeting I'm getting to the top of my helmet from my new Electra Glide. So, I'm not exactly positive what options I have available.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:02 PM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't know of any except the one that Madstad Engineering is doing. It doesn't have an opening in the shield but it has two parts to relieve the vacuum. They aren't making one for the Batwing fairings yet but it's supposed to be on the way. I have one on my Road Glide (Shark Nose fairing) and it works well.

http://www.madstad.com/

The best choice for now in my opinion is one of the re-curve options. Harley makes re-curve's for both fairings. They call it the Windsplitter. They have them available to borrow for test rides for 24 hours at all their dealerships. I'd try them. I have one on my Electra Glide and I like it a lot. Harley basically copied Klock Werks.

http://www.kustombaggers.com/

Old 06-18-2012, 07:13 AM
Drew
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 06-18-2012, 07:56 AM
VA_Grumpy_Biker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Clearview on my 07 Ultra and love it. It rattled a bit but a little shade tree mechanics fix that.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:25 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Royal Tango
Correct. The vent isn't to get more air on me, it's to relieve pressure. I have found (On other bikes) that vented windshields tend to be better than non vented shields. However, I'm new to Harleys and I'm trying to alleviate the slight buffeting I'm getting to the top of my helmet from my new Electra Glide. So, I'm not exactly positive what options I have available.
Do you have any kind of lower deflectors on the bike?

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Quick Reply: Vented Windshields