Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pak rack question, which one ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 08:14 PM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Tour Pak rack question, which one ???

I am looking to add a tour pak luggage rack to my Ultra. The main reason is to carry my HD bag. I like the newer style "Air Rack" that I can add a light but I see HD still carry the old style which is larger and is also the one they put on the Limited. Does anyone have a Air Rack and used it with HD luggage ?? If so, how do you find it ??

Thanks in advance, Be Safe JIM

Old 08-19-2012, 08:36 PM
sportyrider1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use a Air wing with a saddleman trunk bag with no trouble

Old 08-19-2012, 09:09 PM
margin5
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the air-wing rack and use the collapsible HD bag on it ($100). No problems. Am looking at upgrading to a T-bag.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Roger79111
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an airwing rack and use it with a Harley bag and it works well. Fits right on there.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:23 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I was going back and forth and my buddy has the airwing rack and after comparing the two close up I decided to go with the standard one and am happy with how it looks. I was worried I would not like it compared to the sleek looks of the airwing but it looks better then I thought.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:34 PM
bburn
Advanced

Another vote for the Air Wing Rack here. I just went all the way to Sturgis and back with a huge Saddleman rack bag (3300 cu in) and it worked perfectly. The thing that really caused it to win out for me was the optional brake light. I got that wired up before leaving for Sturgis and I really love having it that way. It is essentially the same as a center high mount brake light like all late model cares are required to have. Can't be too cautious and every little bit of extra attention getting brake light is worth it. Finally, when riding without the extra luggage, the Air Wing Rack has better styling in my opinion.

They all work. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Get the one YOU like the best so you don't end up regretting it later.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:15 PM
luckyhog
Advanced

Airwing here, work great with the HD bag, no complaints here.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:13 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

I just installed the black version of the airwing and love it, fits my harley bag perfect for that extra space. I also found a good price on the light to go with it, installed very easy. CAN'T SEE THE THE DAMB THING!!! Don't waste your money, you'll be disappointed, IMHO.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:29 AM
HarleyBT
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the air wing w/light. Use the collapsible H-D luggage bag and it works fine. IMO the air wing looks sleeker when not in use than the larger one.

CAN'T SEE THE THE DAMB THING!!! Don't waste your money, you'll be disappointed, IMHO.
I didn't think the light was visible either but riding partners all have commented how visible it is.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:30 AM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for all the replies. I went to the dealership with my bag and the older style works best, but I decided that for the 2 or 3 weekends I will have my bag I will use an extra bungee cord with the Air Wing and have the extra brake light and IMO nicer style year round.

Be Safe JIM

Quick Reply: Tour Pak rack question, which one ???