Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old oil clean out

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Divebuck
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old oil clean out

A couple weeks ago there was a post about gettig all the old oil out of bike with this system that gets the last little bit out. I can't find it I think it was around 65 dollars. I went thru search and I think Im not putting the right info in. Can some one point me in the right direction
Thanks before hand

Old 08-28-2012, 08:21 AM
stuart1270
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 08-28-2012, 08:36 AM
trispeed
Cruiser

Originally Posted by stuart1270
that looks pretty cool, actually

Old 08-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Divebuck
Novice
Default Thank you

Thats the one I was looking for

Old 08-28-2012, 09:03 AM
hubble
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one and it works great. Its a little messy but well worth it.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:05 AM
CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Scavenger

I purchased the Rogue Scavenger for my 96" er and unable to get the oil return line reconected. Even all my Genis riddin' buds unable to do it. 75$ for the dealer to haul it in and had it in place in 10 minutes. Of course they wouldn't share the secret with me and I have not got the nerve to try it again. I like what it should do. I'll try it again some day. I agree with a lot of folks, quality oil, filter, and regular changes will do just fine.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:10 AM
brandss
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

I know this topic has been discussed before but I'm glad the OP brought it up. Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of folks say this is not necessary and speak of how they haven't done it ever before, blah blah blah. I'm not saying you don't have to do it but how could this be a negative for the bike. I have always wondered why I never get much oil out of the bike when changing. Again, why not make this an SOP when changing the oil.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:14 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
I purchased the Rogue Scavenger for my 96" er and unable to get the oil return line reconected. Even all my Genis riddin' buds unable to do it. 75$ for the dealer to haul it in and had it in place in 10 minutes. Of course they wouldn't share the secret with me and I have not got the nerve to try it again. I like what it should do. I'll try it again some day. I agree with a lot of folks, quality oil, filter, and regular changes will do just fine.
Chop did you have the scavenger system or did you try working around it? Wish you woulda tried PM'ing or posting a thread before hauling it in to a dealership. What model 96" bike do you have since they all have different hookup?

Old 08-28-2012, 10:54 AM
mikkeeh
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So if this oil doesnt lay in the oilpan....where does it hide? Ive read about this before, but dont really understand it. Can someone explain??

Old 08-28-2012, 11:08 AM
fwb35
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

In a dry sump system the oil is not kept in a pan under the crankshaft, it is kept in a different tank, there is still some oil in the engine and under the crank, if you take off your cam cover some oil will spill out, thats some of the oil that does not get drained out, your just draining the oil in the tank. A engine with a dry sump system will make more horse power then a wet sump system.

Quick Reply: Old oil clean out