Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JRI Shocks Ordered for my Road Glide Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 10:11 AM
sportyscoop
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRI Shocks Ordered for my Road Glide Ultra

I just ordered a pair of JRI shocks for my 2011 FLTRU and can't wait to set them up. Howard at Motorcycle Metal convinced me to go with the JRI instead of the Ohlins. The JRI sound like they are built of longer-lasting material, and have all the qualities needed for my riding conditions with a comparable price to the Ohlins. Apparently, the JRI's have only been available for Dyna's and V-Rods' until just recently. Howard has done the research and grunt-work to make them available for the Touring Models.

I just had the forks rebuilt (33,000 miles) with new Race Tech springs and Gold Top Emulators by a very competent mechanic who worked with Race Tech and me to get the settings right for the heavy front-end of the Road Glide, and I am very happy with the results there. Now, when the JRI shocks are installed, the transformation will be complete. Just imagine, a Harley Touring bike that actually handles well and feels comfortable all day long!

I will be reviewing these JRI shocks once I get them installed and have ridden on them for a few miles. Stay tuned.

Attached Thumbnails JRI Shocks Ordered for my Road Glide Ultra-fltru_badlands.jpg  
Old 10-16-2012, 10:51 AM
shooter723
Cruiser

Originally Posted by sportyscoop
I just ordered a pair of JRI shocks for my 2011 FLTRU and can't wait to set them up. Howard at Motorcycle Metal convinced me to go with the JRI instead of the Ohlins. The JRI sound like they are built of longer-lasting material, and have all the qualities needed for my riding conditions with a comparable price to the Ohlins. Apparently, the JRI's have only been available for Dyna's and V-Rods' until just recently. Howard has done the research and grunt-work to make them available for the Touring Models.

I just had the forks rebuilt (33,000 miles) with new Race Tech springs and Gold Top Emulators by a very competent mechanic who worked with Race Tech and me to get the settings right for the heavy front-end of the Road Glide, and I am very happy with the results there. Now, when the JRI shocks are installed, the transformation will be complete. Just imagine, a Harley Touring bike that actually handles well and feels comfortable all day long!

I will be reviewing these JRI shocks once I get them installed and have ridden on them for a few miles. Stay tuned.
Getting ready to order JRI's from Howard also. Let me know how you like them as you will have yours before I get mine.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:10 PM
y2kflhr
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just reset my sag after about 900 miles last night, its relatively easy I had my GF measure as I got on and off the bike and set the shocks, it was a 2 turn difference, the ride to work was a little bit different than in the past, now to learn the dampening settings....

Shooter...you are more than welcome to come to my house and I can help you set them up when you get them if you want.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:17 PM
shooter723
Cruiser

Originally Posted by y2kflhr
I just reset my sag after about 900 miles last night, its relatively easy I had my GF measure as I got on and off the bike and set the shocks, it was a 2 turn difference, the ride to work was a little bit different than in the past, now to learn the dampening settings....

Shooter...you are more than welcome to come to my house and I can help you set them up when you get them if you want.
Sounds good! I think i'm calling Howard today. Was hoping you set them up while I drank a cold beer....

Old 10-16-2012, 12:38 PM
BdoubleU
Intermediate

apples to oranges, but we use JRI on our race dragbikes and always work great. good trackside support too!

Old 10-16-2012, 12:47 PM
y2kflhr
Road Captain

Originally Posted by shooter723
Sounds good! I think i'm calling Howard today. Was hoping you set them up while I drank a cold beer....
as long as you bring me one its a deal.....

too much beer might change the sag!

Tell Howard I am calling him later, I have the new numbers to give him to see if my spring is right or if I need a heavier one....

Old 10-16-2012, 06:31 PM
sportyscoop
Cruiser

As soon as I get them on the bike I will post a report.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Skul5
Cruiser

Just reached 1k miles on my JRIs. I look forward to your review.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:44 PM
shooter723
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Skul5
Just reached 1k miles on my JRIs. I look forward to your review.
What's your review after a 1K?

Old 10-17-2012, 07:01 AM
y2kflhr
Road Captain

hey shooter, I took off my backrest this am to see how much it made a difference and it was pretty surprising how much it transmits bumps to your back, I think I will be leaving mine off except for long rides.

I will be around sunday, the offer stands for you and your gf to try the bike out with it set for you not me

Quick Reply: JRI Shocks Ordered for my Road Glide Ultra