Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show me your ape hangered Road Glides!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 02:01 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Show me your ape hangered Road Glides!?

Have rarely seen the road glides with apes. Any pictures, stories and experiences would be greatly appreciated. I do like the stock ones, but having these damn monkey arms (I'm 73.5 inches tall with a 78.5 inch wing span) I find my arms losing feeling from the slackish hanging they do while riding. Of course this doesn't keep me from riding crazy distances, but options are always nice, right?

Old 12-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Frankenbagger
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im interested to see some too. I really like the 17's on my Electra Glide and want to put a set, maybe 14/16, on the RG asap. I cant stand the stock bars on HD touring bikes..

Old 12-11-2012, 02:16 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Frankenbagger
Im interested to see some too. I really like the 17's on my Electra Glide and want to put a set, maybe 14/16, on the RG asap. I cant stand the stock bars on HD touring bikes..
I actually don't mind them so much, but it just feels like the new bars are meant to feel like apes to somebody that my kid brother is taller than.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:54 PM
LAWLESS23
Advanced

How tall of ape hanger pictures are you looking for? Go to any of the handle bar companies and check out there pictures. BaggerNation (Yaffe) has some awesome pictures!

I have the Wild One Outlawz 10". Not too tall, just right. I'm 6'1" and like the fact they aren't too high. Believe me that all of my other bikes had really high apes. Afterall, I bought this bike to log some miles and having too tall of bars just gets uncomforable after a couple of hundred miles.

The other picture is from a roadglides.org member. Good looking scoot.

Attached Thumbnails Show me your ape hangered Road Glides!?-rg1.jpg   Show me your ape hangered Road Glides!?-yamahoe72_2.jpg  
Old 12-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Intensefab
Cruiser

Carlini Pist Aes

Attached Thumbnails Show me your ape hangered Road Glides!?-dsc_0353.jpg  
Old 12-11-2012, 03:30 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by LAWLESS23
How tall of ape hanger pictures are you looking for? Go to any of the handle bar companies and check out there pictures. BaggerNation (Yaffe) has some awesome pictures!

I have the Wild One Outlawz 10". Not too tall, just right. I'm 6'1" and like the fact they aren't too high. Believe me that all of my other bikes had really high apes. Afterall, I bought this bike to log some miles and having too tall of bars just gets uncomforable after a couple of hundred miles.

The other picture is from a roadglides.org member. Good looking scoot.
I'm really digging that second picture. My problem is, I've never experienced apes before so it is kinda hard for me to judge how big to get. I do know that I have a long reach for somebody my height, so maybe a 12-14 would do good for me. Did you have to take your fairing off like they do with the batwing for those?

Originally Posted by Intensefab
Carlini Pist Aes
what was the price and how tall are those?

Old 12-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Intensefab
Cruiser

Carlini's are 14" pist apes and are perfect height! Anything higher in my opinion you are to far above the fairing! They are pricey at $350 but they are beautiful! PITA to run the wiring with the angle of the bars but worth the fight.

Here's another pic

Attached Thumbnails Show me your ape hangered Road Glides!?-bars1.jpg   Show me your ape hangered Road Glides!?-bars2.jpg  
Old 12-11-2012, 03:45 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Intensefab
Carlini's are 14" pist apes and are perfect height! Anything higher in my opinion you are to far above the fairing! They are pricey at $350 but they are beautiful! PITA to run the wiring with the angle of the bars but worth the fight.

Here's another pic
Did you have to take the fairing off for that?

Old 12-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Intensefab
Cruiser

Not the inner fairing, you need to take off the speedo/tach and ignition **** and switch cover so you can get to the bar clamps. You also need to be able to unplug the TBW, hand control wires.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Frankenbagger
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Guardian
I'm really digging that second picture. My problem is, I've never experienced apes before so it is kinda hard for me to judge how big to get. I do know that I have a long reach for somebody my height, so maybe a 12-14 would do good for me. Did you have to take your fairing off like they do with the batwing for those?

what was the price and how tall are those?
You dont have to remove the fairing like the batwing, just the speedo/tach piece that covers the risers (2screws). 12/14 is probably a reasonable range to start at, but its really hard to say until you sit on a bike and feel them. Most people don't like them as tall as i do, I feel most comfortable around 16" at 5'10". Having my arms straight out horizontal (bars level with shoulders, maybe a bit higher) is the sweet spot for me.

Quick Reply: Show me your ape hangered Road Glides!?