Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Audio Windshield Mount Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 06:06 AM
jbmss
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boom Audio Windshield Mount Kit

Has anyone installed the Boom Audio Windshield kit on a newer RoadKing? Was wondering where you got the power from for the system,I heard its from inside the Nacell but was wondering if I could get it from my fuse box from the spare fuse because i already used the spare wires in the nacell for my Heat Demons.Any help would be Appreciated THANKS

Old 01-06-2013, 08:16 AM
Toe Knee
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

you run everything under the tank and tap power under the seat. you have to splice into the orange and white in your tail light harness as well.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:54 AM
jbmss
Advanced

Thanks wanted to be sure before I purchased the system

Old 02-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Darklea
Intermediate

How hard is it to install your self? Cause Harley wanted 360.00 for installation costs... ? Thank you

Old 03-05-2013, 12:08 AM
humboldtsgt
Cruiser

Not to hijack, but are the handlebar control wires long enough for 14" bars?

Old 03-05-2013, 04:04 AM
painey
Road Warrior
Received 205 Likes on 103 Posts

I have this setup on my RK with Wild 1's 518, which are a very wide set of beach bars and have no problem with cables for either the on/off volume control or for the ipod/iphone connector

Old 03-05-2013, 06:28 AM
Loc_Tite
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Darklea
How hard is it to install your self? Cause Harley wanted 360.00 for installation costs... ? Thank you
The hardest parts are deciding how you want the wires to run up front- you can't hide everything but you can hide a lot- and in my case and many others , finding the connector in the battery box area. The connector likes to play hide and seek sometimes.

Also I didn't splice my wire, instead I ran the wire down to the fuse box area and connected there instead. And instead of running the wires under the tank I ran them under the console it was a lot easier.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:28 AM
Jeepin79
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put it on my wifes RK, its not hard at all to install, I took my time and it probably took me a couple of hours. I hid all the wires and really the only one you see is the wire from the volume controls running down the bars to the unit. I took the headlight bucket apart so I could hide everything for a clean install. I did as others have mentioned and ran the power and ground wires under the console to get to the battery. I cant remember if I hooked it to the orange wire or direct to the battery. I want to say I used the orange wire. Either way, I would not pay the dealer $360 to install it.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:53 AM
humboldtsgt
Cruiser

Thanks for the replies. I am currently running the SENA headset for wireless music from my handlebar mounted Iphone. Still deciding whether this will be the way to go. I am assuming that there is no way to pause the device with the hand control. I use Pandora alot and song skipping and pausing is very nice with out having to take my eyes off the road.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Darklea
Intermediate

tHANK ALL THAT REPLIED TO THE INSTALLATION QUESTION, I GUESS THE HD DEALER GUYS MIS UNDERSTOOD ME ABOUT THE INSTALL, BECAUSE I CALLED BACK AND THEY SAID 130 FOR INSTALLATION, WHICH I AM WILLING TO PAY INSTEAD OF DOING IT MYSELF, I KNOW....TAKES ALL THE FUN OUT OF IT BUT WANTED TO MAKE SURE ITS GANNA GET DONE RIGHT WITH OUT ANY MESS UPS AND PLUS FOR THE EXTRA WARRANTY FOR THEM PUTTING IT ON.

Quick Reply: Boom Audio Windshield Mount Kit