Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

outlaw carbon fiber helmets

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 05:07 PM
2swild
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default outlaw carbon fiber helmets

After reading countless threads about how happy all of the outlaw helmet customers are, I decided to get their carbon fiber model today...Went to leatherup.com and didn't find them on their site....then I went to outlaw's main website but access to the full line of their carbon fiber models is blocked....talked to rep from leatherup and he said "at this time they are not available and he said he was not able to tell me why...it's not for the public's ears...anybody know anything about this....I bought a headtrip carbon fiber before and loved it but it's no longer dot approved....this, I thought was a great choice....anybody have any info...

Old 01-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I hear they are loosing their DOT sert , but it could be just hearsay , I have one, and I am keeping it, it says DOT on it under the clear, so it would be good enough in the states that require them.
They have been scarce since early last spring.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

I have a headtrip carbon fiber helmet and although it lost it's D.O.T. approval I still use it from time to time. I saw a Outlaw Carbon fiber helmet at my dealer. There was a guy in the parking lot with one and he let me inspect it. I will say that I thought it was a piece of crap like a novelty helmet and could not see how it could possibly be D.O.T. approved. It's definitely not as well constructed as the Headtrip was and that helmet lost it's approval!

Old 01-08-2013, 07:11 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

Last month I got a Outlaw from leatherup. It wasn't the carbonfiber. I don't know how it got it's "DOT" either.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:18 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

There were 2 carbon fiber helmets on the site when I ordered my Ultra Slim gloss bike last month. They're not there now.
http://www.leatherup.com/c/Outlaw-He...t_1/2/131.html

Old 01-08-2013, 07:19 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I got one on amazon.com a few months ago. Seem to be available on ebay -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMALLEST-DOT...3694cd&vxp=mtr

Old 01-08-2013, 07:24 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

I heard they losing their DOT cert similar to what happened to ACC (Head Trip) a few years ago.

Ive still got my ACC and it has the DOT sticker inside it. Its still my first choice helmet , wear it more than any other helmet I own

Old 01-08-2013, 07:31 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

I just bought an Outlaw Low Profile Carbon Fiber helmet on ebay from Gohelmets for $69.95 plus $13.95 shipping. It has the DOT on the back. I don't usually wear a helmet and have not tried this out yet as I just got it but it looks good and definitely does not give you that mushroom head look and fits in my saddlebag.

They still have ten available, as of five minutes ago, but only in sizes L and XL.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:35 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,482 Likes on 1,541 Posts

i live in missouri and the helmet law he states that the helmet must meet the standards set by the director of revenue, i called the office and they recommeded a good helmet. they have no set standards here in missouri, nothing about d.o.t. i called st.louis county and other cities around me and they say their helmet law mirrors the states,so any cops writing tickets for this is bullshit. i went to the liberary and made a copy of the law and keep it in my wallet, passed a bunch of copies out too.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:38 PM
NPW
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

May not be DOT but the "Head Trip" helmets are outstanding. Rode down to Orlando last year to the manufacturing site and picked up 2. Always hated helmets, hence never wore one. I wear the Head Trip every day now. Now, you could wear a full face bank vault on your noggin and it would offer more protection, but these helmets are really well made out of kevlar and carbon fiber, as well as being made right here in Orlando, the service was great, if you go down they will custom fit it and its super comfy. I love mine as does my girlfriend. These are much, much better than nothing, thats for sure .

Quick Reply: outlaw carbon fiber helmets