Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley LED yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 12:30 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Phase 7. eastern performance or discountfleetsupply.com

outstanding light in all hours. anybody on here who says it sucks during the day is ignorant and a hater.

they're the same lights (phase 6&7) that we used to light up the black Afghani nights

Old 01-30-2013, 12:59 AM
bulldog485
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phase 6. Best upgrade on the bike. Cars see you in the daylight and you see everything at night. Headlight and spots.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:05 AM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
Phase 7. eastern performance or discountfleetsupply.com

outstanding light in all hours. anybody on here who says it sucks during the day is ignorant and a hater.

they're the same lights (phase 6&7) that we used to light up the black Afghani nights
I don't think anyone said it sucks during the day. Some of the comments are that the factory installed lights are more readily seen during daylight hours from all angles. The LED's have a more focused beam that is not noticeable from an angle.

For those that don't ride very much at night, I agree that the LED's are a waste of money.

Anybody that can't accept someone else's opinion is an ignorant hater.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:56 AM
mccstevie
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have both the HD headlight and aux.lights in LED. I have posted on here before about these lights and can't say enough about them. I work steady night shift so I am going to work and coming home in the dark most of the time. We have these big 4-legged rats in Pa.also known as deer. These lights show me everything on the road,down the road and off to the side of the road. I rarely even use the high beams because they are so bright. Yes,they are bright and yes you will get flashed occasionally by oncoming traffic. I feel they are doing that only because they assume you are running your high beams because they are so bright,not because you are blinding them. In the year and a half that I have had them no one has ever pulled out in front of me day or night. During a few charity rides I have hear many comments from other riders saying they were able to pick me out of all the bikes behind them because of the LED's. Yes they are expensive,but I believe worth every penny. Check out Lakeshore Harley on the Internet. They are having a special for January with 20% off and free shipping on orders over $250.00.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:07 AM
EZSkankin29
Road Captain

I've seen three bikes with LED headlights and passing lamps all during the day and they looked awesome. Incredibly bright and they stick out far away. No missing it. I plan for these to be my next big upgrade when I get the coin to do so. I went a little crazy this past season and a bunch of maintenance items this winter.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:17 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by White Ice
Anybody that can't accept someone else's opinion is an ignorant hater.
yeah? so you accept everyone's opinion? good for you.

the facts are that the P7 fixes some of the 'angle' problems you speak of. however, we did extensive testing on the P6 when it came out to include driving infront of it while in a car and videotaping. LED lights are more visible in all hours of the day/night regardless of what anyone says. the wavelength and color of the light causes it to contrast with natural sunlight. the approach distance visability is incredibly greater as well. an incandescent 7" light next to an LED 7" light during daytime sunny hours and you will see the difference firsthand. turn the fairing left and right - its possible to see less light from the LED model while turned, but its hardly a LIMFAC that negates all the positives of the light.

so if your opinion is that they're not worth the money for daytime riders, then that's your opinion. i will stick with continuing to press the light. it is more affordable than half the chrome doo-dads people buy.

Last edited by stupid_rope; 01-30-2013 at 02:19 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 AM
ratdoc
Tourer

The simple fact is people notice the stunningly bright white light coming down the road during the daytime. I bought mine specifically to be seen better during daylight - after getting run over by a woman who didn't see my 100w halogen.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:58 AM
cruzmisl
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like you I don't ride much at night. When I do I'm in a city with decent street lamps. I was seriously contemplating them but even at a discount dealer the set is $800! That's a ton of jake. The other alternative is the trucklite variant. Much cheaper but the headlight sticks out and requires a frenched ring in order to look good.

In the end I decided I could get a set of Ohlins shocks, a tuner or some other part that I could use 100% of the time not 5% of the time.

Just my 2 cents

Old 01-30-2013, 08:14 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

I have repaced all of the lights on my bike with LED's. The increase in visibiity is huge day or night. If you ever ride at night, you will be sold. The diference at night is hard to explan. It is in a word, brilliant.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:24 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got the Truck Lites Phase 7 headlight and passing lamps on my Electra Glide Limited. Well worth the price.

Quick Reply: Harley LED yes or no?