Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help! Throttle sensor wiring.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 04:04 PM
flhxmc
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help! Throttle sensor wiring.

Can someone please tell me which colors line up with which on the throttle side of the harness. green connector pulled off (yes I am a dumbass) now that we are past that can someone please tell me which set of color banded black, white, red on the throttle match up with the red, voilet, light grey and which color banded go with the brown, blue, black?

Thanks

Old 03-06-2013, 04:41 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts
Default TBW Wiring

I am getting ready to do my bars next week end when I am off I am replacing the green connecter also , here is what I found out I hope this helps

tbw se sensor

In the other half of the connector there are gray, violet, red, black, blue & brown wires. Match up your new wires to the old like this: Yellow bundle: black to gray, white to violet, red to red.
Black bundle: black to black, white to blue, red to brown.

Attached Thumbnails Need help! Throttle sensor wiring.-schematicfortwistgripsensorconnector.jpg  
Old 03-06-2013, 05:05 PM
flhxmc
Tourer

Thanks but I already have that. Its the green connector sets of wires that I need to figure out. Specifically the two sets of black, red, and white wires that are in pairs and color coded by a yellow sleeve and black sleeve. I need to know which go with which colors on the oposite side of the harness. I looked in my service manual and it does show the TBW side.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:43 PM
flhxmc
Tourer

Originally Posted by crimson13
I am getting ready to do my bars next week end when I am off I am replacing the green connecter also , here is what I found out I hope this helps

tbw se sensor

In the other half of the connector there are gray, violet, red, black, blue & brown wires. Match up your new wires to the old like this: Yellow bundle: black to gray, white to violet, red to red.
Black bundle: black to black, white to blue, red to brown.
My bad your post has what I need, I didnt look at it close enough. I appreciate the help.

Old 05-11-2018, 11:25 PM
63 Red Tail Hawk
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Can anyone tell me which group of wires that go to the throttle grip sensor (red, black white), the ones inside the yellow or black casings, go to the throttle and which control the cruise control?