Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Klock Werks question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 06:18 PM
jay87LX
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Klock Werks question

I was wondering if the Harley bags that go across the inner fairing will work if you have a Klock Werks 6.5" flare windshield. It seems that the windshield leans back at a decent angle so I am unsure. I have changed the lower fairings in my Ultra to the CVO speaker housings so I am looking to add the 3 small bags that go across the inner fairing at the base of the windshield for some storage of phone, keys, etc. Then there is a KW on my local CL for a great price but dont want to get it if the bags wont fit- Anyone have this combo?

Old 03-20-2013, 06:19 PM
bubdifab
Tourer

Originally Posted by jay87LX
I was wondering if the Harley bags that go across the inner fairing will work if you have a Klock Werks 6.5" flare windshield. It seems that the windshield leans back at a decent angle so I am unsure. I have changed the lower fairings in my Ultra to the CVO speaker housings so I am looking to add the 3 small bags that go across the inner fairing at the base of the windshield for some storage of phone, keys, etc. Then there is a KW on my local CL for a great price but dont want to get it if the bags wont fit- Anyone have this combo?

Nope, wont fit.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:27 PM
jay87LX
Tourer

Wow, that was easy, That sucks, I would love to get that windshield but I NEED the windshield bags now that I have no glove compartments- Thanks for a quick reply

Old 03-20-2013, 06:30 PM
bubdifab
Tourer

the 8.5" it will work. BTW, i love the KW screen. really helps with the buffeting and keeps the rain out of my face.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:49 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Check out the Klock Works Nav Bag, it's one bag but is supposed to hold the same or not more stuff then the 3 bag units plus it will fit with their shield.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Charlie Fogg
Road Captain

Take a look at the HD windsplitter. it works great and looks great and the windshield bags fit fine.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:24 PM
KSHD
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got the KW bag, it is really nice and yes, it has a lot of room in it! Ran the wires in the fairing, bag has weather tight openings in the sides for the wires to run threw for all day charging. Well worth the coin!

Old 06-02-2013, 10:15 AM
MikeAKQJX
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KSHD
Just got the KW bag, it is really nice and yes, it has a lot of room in it!
What KW bag are you referring to?

Old 06-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

I had a 6.5" Klockwerks and although it worked good, the Fastaire 7" I was using worked better with virtually no buffeting. And, you can put any bag you want behind it. Just another option. I now run a 6" Fastaire which also works great.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 616 Likes on 385 Posts

I have a Fast Aire Curve. It's available in different heights but the width is the same as stock, which means you can use a windshield bag.

Quick Reply: Klock Werks question