Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck-Lite Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 07:36 AM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Truck-Lite Customer Service

My Truck-Lite Phase 7 headlight went up in smoke and blew the 15 amp headlight fuse. I emailed truck-lite explaining the problem along with a photo and a copy of the receipt where I bought it at Daytona HD. They sent a new light out the same day, no questions asked. Even paid to ship the bad one back. It is unusual to find a company that still believes in customer service. Have no fear in dealing with this company, they back their product. Thank You Truck-Lite.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:44 AM
aces25
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome to hear and good to know. Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Bugsy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That IS good to know! I have the TL7 headlight and the TL spots... I hope to never find out for myself, but glad they did right by you!

Old 03-22-2013, 09:21 PM
littled62
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its good to hear that someone is willing to stand behind there product and it is nice to know that if I have a problem with mine they will be there to help. I hope they know how much that means to us

Old 03-22-2013, 09:49 PM
JetD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Good Info

Thanks HoJones-
I'm ordering the TL7 spots this week, but still somewhat up in the air on the HL....
I want to get it, it looks good in terms of brightness and all that, but I'm concerned about the 'side'lighting' --
in other words, the amount of light and angle of it to the side of the HL that lights up the borrow ditches where critters tend to jump from and surprise riders at sundown and sunup periods....
...looking for opinions on your experiences...

Old 04-03-2013, 03:56 PM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got through dealing with Discount Fleet Supply on a set, one of the passing lamps was received defective, they were supposed to send one out the day I called, but somehow it didn't happen. Of course I was hopping pissed. I called back and the guy on the phone said he'd overnight one to me, just got tracking, hopefully it will go out today and be here tomorrow. I also emailed customer service and explained what a crappy deal it was to be told I would have it in 2 days and then to find out it never shipped. They cheerfully refunded me $45 for my trouble. I could have got the lights for $20 less from eastern, but I'm still satisfied.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:58 PM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JetD
Thanks HoJones-
I'm ordering the TL7 spots this week, but still somewhat up in the air on the HL....
I want to get it, it looks good in terms of brightness and all that, but I'm concerned about the 'side'lighting' --
in other words, the amount of light and angle of it to the side of the HL that lights up the borrow ditches where critters tend to jump from and surprise riders at sundown and sunup periods....
I think your spots will take care of the ditches, the headlight will take care of the road.

For $389 delivered for all three lights, (Less than half of the H-D Day makers) you cant go wrong!

Old 04-03-2013, 07:39 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Good to spread the good news as well as the bad news. Great service. Stand up.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:08 PM
bobgv
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to know about good customer service.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Chucks1911
Supporter
Received 40 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JetD
Thanks HoJones-
I have the spots and headlight. The "sidelight" while going straight is great. However, while making turns, especially sharp ones (like a 90 at a stop sign) they are pretty bad really. I live out in the country (no streetlights), and you have to be really careful when making turns, because you really cant see around the corner, if that makes sense.

I guess that when you consider the movement of the bar and lights as you maneuver, it makes sense why this would happen.

Quick Reply: Truck-Lite Customer Service