Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear brake rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 12:14 AM
Colonelkat
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear brake rebuild

I've got a 2010 flhtk. Rear caliper is leaking at the top of the caliper just below the bleeder. I bought a rebuild kit from dk a drag s kit took the caliper apart it's leaking at a small washer that. Goes between the caliper to feed fluid to the other side of the caliper put new washer in and I'll be dammed if I can get it to stop leaking?? HD says just buy new caliper?? Help!!

Old 05-12-2013, 11:52 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Red face

Dismantling calipers is not a job for the home mechanic IMHO! Whenever I feel the need, I send my custom calipers back to the manufacturer.

If you have a leak, it is possibly because you have not been scrupulously clean when reassembling it. As you had a leak it may be it has been previously dismantled and not competently reassembled. The only solution I can offer is to find an indy who will tackle it. Alternatively buy a replacement......

Old 05-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Are you sure the rebuild kit has the correct sized parts for that Brembo?

Also, take a magnifying glass and peek at the area around the leak. See if there are any nicks or cracks in the casing. If there is, well, you will probably have to bite the bullet for a new caliper...unless you want to use JB weld to fill-in the problem area.