Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 6.5 boom box info

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 08:36 PM
reg26
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm told by dealer Pandora or any other ap wont work with new radio system Only thing that will play thru the new bluetooth radios from the iphone is whats actually on the ipone like from your itunes. No apps work at all thru the radio

Old 09-09-2013, 08:50 PM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by reg26
I'm told by dealer Pandora or any other ap wont work with new radio system Only thing that will play thru the new bluetooth radios from the iphone is whats actually on the ipone like from your itunes. No apps work at all thru the radio
Not only does it work GREAT!! but it will even skip to the next song with the LH joystick!!

Ignorant dealer.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Ghostrider1967
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a sirius xm edge player in my personnel truck pop it off and use it in my work truck. I'm thinking of installing it on my 2014 Flhtk. Maybe mounting it on a ram mount? Antenna were to put it? Just tune to a channel and let it play and hope for no rain? Anyone install one on their bike?

Old 09-09-2013, 09:46 PM
redeye93
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by DocO
Speaking of deceptive.. The price tags.. At least at my dealer, they list the options in a white area of the tag, and then below that in orange are the ACTUAL installed options. I was on the way to buying a street glide when we were going over what was installed and found that ABS was not included. I double checked the tag and it had ABS listed and that's when the sales person pointed out that it was an available option. That's just stupid in my opinion. Why have it on the tag at all if it's not on the bike?
A buddy picked up a 13 RG on Friday and asked me to come help him out with the deal. We get him down to a price he could deal with and while they are doing the paperwork, I'm walking around it checking out his new ride. I'm like "hmm something is missing." I go back and look at the tag and then back at the bike. They had done the same thing. Bike had security and ABS, but no cruise! Who buys these tour bikes without cruise? I was like WTF?!?! I mention it to the sales manager and he gives him a store credit to cover the cruise control and install, but damn WTF! I'm thinking the same thing you are. Why do they try to make it confusing for you to figure out what's what. Just list what's ON the bike and the price please. Bright side, we did have a great ride Saturday and Sunday though.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:48 PM
Harley Hound57
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hanny
I'm sure its been discussed but on my streetglide special I was pretty pumped about XM and Bluetooth phone. However both don't work stock.

The xm requires a 400$ Harley module to get xm plus install if youre not real handy of around 80-100$. Pretty shi**y they don't include that in the bike for the price.......

The Bluetooth phone stuff requires another module ($400 I think it is to plus install) unless you get the big touring bikes then maybe its included but on the Streetglide its not, you have to get the module plus the connection part and take off the trim part below the gas cap.

Pretty frustrating but im hoping they come out with a Bluetooth headset and it all fixed but who know's................ any thots or disagree let me know. I as the Harley dealers aren't really 100% sure of it all. Ride safe, paul
Bluetooth is built in to the radio.

OTHER FEATURES
Vehicle Information Screen (Air temperature, oil pressure and engine temperature)Standard
Software Update via USB interfaceStandard
Text-to-Speech (TTS) LanguagesEnglish (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese
USBUSB/MTP/iPod/iPhone
Bluetooth Phone/Audio

Old 10-28-2013, 03:21 PM
RK12
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

It's complete bull$hit. It pairs with the phone, pairs with the helmets, but doesn't communicate at all. I paid the extra money for the street glide s for Nav and bluetooth and you need a $400 plus labor HARD WIRE to make anything work. Whats the friggin point of having bluetooth???? Could go from the phone to the helmet or whatever and save $3000 over a regular SG.

I'm pissed to say the least.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:24 PM
RK12
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Plus the clutch recall. On top of all this. Don't ride your brand new bike until we get en ough parts out to dealers to fix them. I knew something was wrong with it the day I picked it up. Had plenty of hyd clutch bikes this thing felt like crap. Pretty disillusioned with HD right now. Thats beside the OVER MSRP crap HD lets dealers pull. I didn't pay that, but plenty around here do.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:43 PM
oakmossy
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

I have a love hate relationship with Harley for most of the above reasons. The dealers tend to be shady imo.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:51 PM
sharper85
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reg26
Mine works 2014 Limited

Old 10-28-2013, 04:54 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

Blue tooth on the 6.5 is standard, paired with my iPhone 5 and Pandora works on mine....even shows album art.

Quick Reply: 2014 6.5 boom box info