Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Platinum Air Ride Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 07:39 PM
Bigg Lou
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Platinum Air Ride Suspension

Every bike I've ever owned in the last 12-15 years I've had air ride suspension from Hi-Low air ride to Arnott to Legend, now that I have the '14 Street Glide Special I would like to install these new Platinum air ride systems that have air and rebound selections so no pogo effect as you can have the top of the shocks solid as a rock but the bottom portion with air so adjustment is simply remove all air to "slam" the ride if you like but add in air for the rebound and no bottoming out, no pogo affect, regular shock effect even lowered to bottom. At least that's how I read it. Anyone using this Platinum air ride on their touring bike? What's your opinion of them? Do you get pogo effect at all, do you ride slammed? How is your ride slammed? Based on the experience of HDForums members I will make the purchase so hoping for good reviews. Thanks much.

Old 08-24-2014, 11:01 AM
Cudaman
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went from the DIY kit to just swapping the shocks to Platinum's on a 2013 RG custom. The best by far, but not cheap. I run a dual air gauge on this setup. It it pretty cool. As you add just air to raise the bike, it basically ranges from 70-80 psi low to high ride height. I don't have any control of the rebound section, but have manually added and removed air in this section, as long as you have 5-10 psi on the top section, it rides nice, no pogo. I have thought about controlling the rebound so I can ride low and comfortable, but honestly, topped out at 13" with a 1" lowering block isn't super high at all and feels really nice on my spine vs anything else. Hope my experience helps at all... BTW, Platinum Air doesn't do anything with actual PSI gauges so it's foreign if you call and ask.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:28 PM
Slammed Rod
Cruiser

I don't have them on my Road Glide,but I do on my vrod. Very comfy !!! The bleed feed system makes for a very good ride

Old 08-29-2014, 08:19 AM
Sonny81
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm looking for reviews too, I would put the Platinum suspension on my 2013 Street Glide.

Giuseppe

Old 08-29-2014, 08:39 AM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 191 Posts

Interested as well, I've been holding off until I have done my research. That's a lot of coin to drop and be disappointed.

Old 08-30-2014, 01:58 PM
Cudaman
3rd Gear

Slammed Rod... What is your air up procedure? Do you air out the rebound side every time.. having to reset it? I guess my main question is.. how do you get the smoothest ride out of it?

Old 08-30-2014, 02:47 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Get a shotgun shock. It works the same but is engineered much better. Had Platinum on my softail and it was garbage. Too many connections and constantly leaking. Platinum has 2 connections on each shock where as Shotgun only has one connection per shock but they are both ride height and rebound adjustable. Call JD 323 35- 4914. Tell him HogPro sent you know. He'll take good care of you.

Old 08-30-2014, 04:01 PM
denalion22
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok... DO NOT GET THESE SHOCKS!!! They are terrible the rebound adjustment is terrible and the overall ride sucks so bad... I had them on my old street glide and I had to send them back twice because I needed them to be adjusted because I thought they were broken...

They go down very slow and shaky, they almost bounce down... they go up the same way... they are not a smooth up and down...

The overall ride was not comfortable at all...

If I was to do it all over again I would have spent 200 more and bought the shotgun bagger shock...

just my 2 cents.

Worst air ride on the planet and customer service is a joke...

Old 08-30-2014, 04:49 PM
Sonny81
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by denalion22
Ok... DO NOT GET THESE SHOCKS!!! They are terrible the rebound adjustment is terrible and the overall ride sucks so bad... I had them on my old street glide and I had to send them back twice because I needed them to be adjusted because I thought they were broken...

They go down very slow and shaky, they almost bounce down... they go up the same way... they are not a smooth up and down...

The overall ride was not comfortable at all...

If I was to do it all over again I would have spent 200 more and bought the shotgun bagger shock...

just my 2 cents.

Worst air ride on the planet and customer service is a joke...
Precious informatio. Thanks Man!

Giuseppe