Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

14 SG 12.5 ape install with PICS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 04:21 PM
jasnusc
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by w4hyi
I put wild1 10 inch bars on my 14 limited an just had to move some wires around in the fairing
Wild 1 website says the 10" bars do not fit the 14 bikes. Which model number bars did you get 575 or 578 and did you have any problems?

Old 08-28-2014, 07:07 AM
RCopeland1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! I guess I'll find out in a couple weeks!

Old 09-19-2014, 07:59 AM
RCopeland1
Cruiser
Exclamation

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
I've had it both work and not work...if it's my bike, I try it first and buy the SE part if I need to. If it's someone else's, I give them the option with the understanding that if it doesn't work and I have to pull the wires twice, I am going to charge them...
Need some help....I've installed new bars, using the TBW assembly with the green plug intact...all went well with install, upon putting it back together I have no throttle, check engine and cruise lights are on, everything else works, I tore it back apart, the connector was still attached, but I removed it anyway and soldered all the connections, carefully attaching yellow and black to their corresponding colors,reran the wires through the bars...same issue, no throttle...when I check for codes it says "diagnostic service not available" and no codes are recorded...I was going to buy a new twist grip assembly, but wanted to see if anyone had some suggestions before I do...could this be an issue with the ECM? freaking bike is brand new less than 1k on the clock!

Old 01-24-2015, 07:24 PM
wesshipman
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 13 Posts

Did you ever find out what the issue was?

Originally Posted by RCopeland1
Need some help....I've installed new bars, using the TBW assembly with the green plug intact...all went well with install, upon putting it back together I have no throttle, check engine and cruise lights are on, everything else works, I tore it back apart, the connector was still attached, but I removed it anyway and soldered all the connections, carefully attaching yellow and black to their corresponding colors,reran the wires through the bars...same issue, no throttle...when I check for codes it says "diagnostic service not available" and no codes are recorded...I was going to buy a new twist grip assembly, but wanted to see if anyone had some suggestions before I do...could this be an issue with the ECM? freaking bike is brand new less than 1k on the clock!

Old 01-25-2015, 12:17 PM
RCopeland1
Cruiser

yeah it was the big connector in the fairing, for some reason I was not getting a good connection...it drove me nuts...The dealer replaced it....pissed me off