Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Street Performance Tuner??

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 01:14 PM
junior166745151
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default SE Street Performance Tuner??

I had bought a used 07 Road King Classic with 10,300 miles begining of June. Had an idol problem which was fixed recently with the service bulletin upgrade (TT-410) (that was on another thread). Afterward the service guy did a diagnostic on the bike and found the rear cyclinder is running rich, has a Stage 1 Kit & SE Super Tuner done to the bike of which I didn't know at the time of purchasing the bike. I had since contacted the dealer and they had contacted the previous owner but he could not locate the tuner. So I'm on my own on this one. My problem is I can't afford a SE Super Tuner $440 + 1 hr labor $120 and told I should have it also dyno $400. I am not looking to get the bike to run big horses, I just want the bike to run nice with no performance problems. So can I just buy the cheaper SE Street Performance Tuner $279 and get a good running bike? FYI the bike seems to be running very strong. Any suggestions is a great help. Thank you..

Old 11-04-2013, 01:21 PM
MCCHP
Banned
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't understand why people spend good money for a HD but when it comes to making something right they always want to cut corners and do something on the cheap.It s not about "making big horses " its having it set up right.. just my $.02

Old 11-04-2013, 02:38 PM
junior166745151
Cruiser

Originally Posted by MCCHP
I don't understand why people spend good money for a HD but when it comes to making something right they always want to cut corners and do something on the cheap.It s not about "making big horses " its having it set up right.. just my $.02
You are absolutly right. I'll explain my dilema. I have owned a few HD bikes before and at that time I had no problem affording expenses for my bikes, but since the economy went to **** a few years ago so did my finances and marital separation. At this time I am recovering slowly to my usual status of having it like that but I'm not there yet, so I need to cut a few corners here and there just so I can keep my HD instead of wondering off somewhere to some Jap bike I surely refuse to own, and I'm sure you know you really get your bucks worth owning Jap products. Thanks for your two cents.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:34 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

If the bike "seems to be running strong" leave it alone. Rear cylinder running a little rich isn't gonna hurt anything except gas mileage. Do not waste money on any add on or "street" tuner. Save your pennies for a "real" tuner. I just picked up a used power vision (lots of maps available and autotune basic included) for $100 and had it unlocked for my bike $199. There are also shops out there with unlimited Powervision licenses that will flash your bike without you having to buy a tuner.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:32 PM
JimmySG
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think you can get a used power commander on ebay from feulmoto

Old 11-05-2013, 01:19 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

[quote=junior166745151;11948742] So can I just buy the cheaper SE Street Performance Tuner $279 and get a good running bike? quote]

you have little coin to spend and you want to waste it on a street tuner. don't do it. There are several flash tuners to choose from. If indeed you are already running rich a fueler does not make sense either

Old 11-05-2013, 05:52 AM
John_HD
Tourer

No need to pay for labor on the super tuner. The super tuner does not get installed. Buy the super tuner and take it to a legit tune shop. A dyno should only cost 300. There is a chance the last guy who owned it put in the wrong tune. Once you have the super tuner you can load another tune yourself. You can also custom tune it yourself.

The software is now free. But you do need to buy the cables for 45

Old 11-05-2013, 11:52 AM
junior166745151
Cruiser

Originally Posted by John_HD
No need to pay for labor on the super tuner. The super tuner does not get installed. Buy the super tuner and take it to a legit tune shop. A dyno should only cost 300. There is a chance the last guy who owned it put in the wrong tune. Once you have the super tuner you can load another tune yourself. You can also custom tune it yourself.

The software is now free. But you do need to buy the cables for 45

I was told you can't buy a used SE tuner. It is married to the bike onces used, vin # is attached to the turner. Maybe a PC III can be used on other bikes but that is an add-on as apposed to SE is only used for download parameters on a computer to the ECM. I was told by a mechanic that COBRA has one that is install it and forget it under $300

Old 11-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Rdgray
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call Fuel Moto they will help you with what you need. Just tell them your problem and they will point you n the right direction and provide help. They are a sponsor here and are listed in the right column.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:12 PM
OCBagger
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rdgray
Call Fuel Moto they will help you with what you need. Just tell them your problem and they will point you n the right direction and provide help. They are a sponsor here and are listed in the right column.

Quick Reply: SE Street Performance Tuner??