Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Infotainment issues Part 2.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 06:53 AM
eqcons
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by expothe1
It has taken me longer then expected but the update is installed and finally after almost a 1.5 year my problem is resolved.
So for me, the update is a solution. I didn't think it would be possible.
You might think it's resolved, but it's not really. It's better, but still has problems:

1) It takes priority over all other audio, which is bad. And I can find no way to cancel the broadcast once it has started - in France, I find they can go on for 10 minutes or more sometimes.
2) These traffic announcements are always - yes, always - live, even with the bike turned off!
3) Since this upgrade, my bike frequently sticks at the splash screen, and to get to the "accept" button, it has to be turned off and on again.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:16 PM
expothe1
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eqcons
You might think it's resolved, but it's not really. It's better, but still has problems:

1) It takes priority over all other audio, which is bad. And I can find no way to cancel the broadcast once it has started - in France, I find they can go on for 10 minutes or more sometimes.
2) These traffic announcements are always - yes, always - live, even with the bike turned off!
For cancelling the announcement, press the mute button twice, its not ideal, but its working. Like you said, sometimes its taking very long to give all the info, and yes it even comes when the bike is not running and the ignition is on. for that I dont think there is a solution yet.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:58 AM
eqcons
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by expothe1
For cancelling the announcement, press the mute button twice, its not ideal, but its working. Like you said, sometimes its taking very long to give all the info, and yes it even comes when the bike is not running and the ignition is on. for that I dont think there is a solution yet.
I think you mean when the ignition is off!

Old 08-31-2015, 08:00 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Well, my new unit is doing what my old one did and then some - so back to the dealer to see what can be done. I have the Stage I system.
1 Speakers go on and off - left to right
2 I hear no bass
3 Whole unit Froze up - had to turn bike off for 5 minutes and then restart.
4 Fade doesn't work
5 GPS - audio says turn right and display says turn left
6 Still can't find some dealers

Old 08-31-2015, 10:37 AM
babygorilla
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Said it before, but I will say it again;
1 Speakers go on and off - left to right - That's a weird one, not sure about this
2 I hear no bass- Poor HD speakers, not much you can do about that except buy better speakers and an amp, stock (and non stock HD) speakers suck
3 Whole unit Froze up - had to turn bike off for 5 minutes and then restart. - Yep, I think this has happened at least once to just about everyone, so software glitch that everyone has so replacing HU won't fix it
4 Fade doesn't work. - Need to set it in digital technician, most HD tech's have no idea how to set up the BOOM correct. Common issue.
5 GPS - audio says turn right and display says turn left. - Crappy Naviextras software, maybe due to the Heads up / Map up arrow. May be corrected if setting is changed.
6 Still can't find some dealers. - Crappy Naviextras software again, or outdated maps

Seems to me that your issue isn't with the HU (hardware) but with the software, most of your issues will never be resolved unless all new software is introduced or firmware updates correct them. Replacing the HU won't fix the problems you indicate.

My suggestion, bide your time until the software / firmware is fixed OR wait until someone in the aftermarket section comes out with a suitable replacement. JMO.

Old 08-31-2015, 11:48 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by babygorilla
Said it before, but I will say it again;
1 Speakers go on and off - left to right - That's a weird one, not sure about this
2 I hear no bass- Poor HD speakers, not much you can do about that except buy better speakers and an amp, stock (and non stock HD) speakers suck
3 Whole unit Froze up - had to turn bike off for 5 minutes and then restart. - Yep, I think this has happened at least once to just about everyone, so software glitch that everyone has so replacing HU won't fix it
4 Fade doesn't work. - Need to set it in digital technician, most HD tech's have no idea how to set up the BOOM correct. Common issue.
5 GPS - audio says turn right and display says turn left. - Crappy Naviextras software, maybe due to the Heads up / Map up arrow. May be corrected if setting is changed.
6 Still can't find some dealers. - Crappy Naviextras software again, or outdated maps

Seems to me that your issue isn't with the HU (hardware) but with the software, most of your issues will never be resolved unless all new software is introduced or firmware updates correct them. Replacing the HU won't fix the problems you indicate.

My suggestion, bide your time until the software / firmware is fixed OR wait until someone in the aftermarket section comes out with a suitable replacement. JMO.
I have the H-D Boom Box Stage I speakers and amp. My previous unit had to be replaced along with the amp.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:13 AM
babygorilla
Road Captain

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
I have the H-D Boom Box Stage I speakers and amp. My previous unit had to be replaced along with the amp.
Those are marginally better than stock, but slightly worse than aftermarket. Just from what I've heard on other bikes, IMO.

The fade and left right issue is likely a "setting" in DT that the MOCO tech effed up then. Those guys are motorcycle mechanics, not audio or electronics guru's. The damn install department at Best Buy knows more about stereo systems then the techs at the MOCO (generally). You MAY get lucky and find a tech somewhere at the MOCO that actually tinkers with stereos in his spare time (cars and such).

Old 09-02-2015, 08:17 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

I've been pretty happy with the Stage I system - up to now. All my past bikes had Hog Tunes systems and was really happy with those, but they didn't have anything for the new Rushmore setup at the time. I guess I should have waited until they had something. I remember just switching to the Hog Tune speakers(no amp) made a huge difference over the stock setup.

I wonder how many Stage II setups Harley will sell at $3400? I sure as hell won't buy it. I can get the new Hog Tunes 4 speaker 200 amp setup for $699.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:42 AM
babygorilla
Road Captain

Nah, just get a lifetime warranty on biketronics amps and speakers kit. A LOT less $$ than HD and WAY better.
http://www.biketronics.com/2014-and-up-products/

Old 09-02-2015, 04:37 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Just got a call from my dealer the new amp didn't fix the problem so now they have to contact tech services to see what and why mine is acting up. No one has any idea why it's doing what it's doing. Looks like another 2 weeks in the shop until they know.

Quick Reply: 2014 Infotainment issues Part 2.