Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daymaker Reflector LED Headlamp

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 06:06 PM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daymaker Reflector LED Headlamp

Added the Daymaker Reflector LED Headlamp - http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...11-67700189--1 - and the auxiliary lights to my SGS yesterday. I had the TL Phase 7 and auxiliary lights on my Limited, and I think the Daymaker headlamp is a nice improvement. Because the headlamp has three LEDs, one pointed directly back and two pointed at angles to either side, it really seems to add visibility laterally. I would recommend this upgrade.

Old 11-30-2013, 06:14 PM
ghostrunner
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 148 Posts

I too have run the Phase 7 and now have the Daymaker headlight with the passing lights. I like them too but found that the high beam is too concentrated so added the harness to allow the passing lights to be on with the high beam. Now works great and can see.

Old 11-30-2013, 06:17 PM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostrunner
I too have run the Phase 7 and now have the Daymaker headlight with the passing lights. I like them too but found that the high beam is too concentrated so added the harness to allow the passing lights to be on with the high beam. Now works great and can see.
Yep. Same here. I had the dealer flash the computer so the auxiliary lights stay on when the high beam is on.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:25 AM
dh2683
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoZoomMe
Added the Daymaker Reflector LED Headlamp - http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...11-67700189--1 - and the auxiliary lights to my SGS yesterday. I had the TL Phase 7 and auxiliary lights on my Limited, and I think the Daymaker headlamp is a nice improvement. Because the headlamp has three LEDs, one pointed directly back and two pointed at angles to either side, it really seems to add visibility laterally. I would recommend this upgrade.
Wondering if the TL Phase 8 will be more like the new daymaker for better side viability.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:42 AM
HarleyGTP
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by dh2683
Wondering if the TL Phase 8 will be more like the new daymaker for better side viability.
TL light is really geared towards the jeep community, not the HD community. Yea, we use them and they fit (kinda), but whatever changes they make, it's because they are making them for their 4-wheel cager crowd.

Oh, I forgot to mention; I too have the daymaker reflector headlamp and passing lamps. Amazing upgrade, a little disappointed with the high beam, but passing lamps are great.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:25 AM
continentaldrifter
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I am surprised nobody is running an aftermarket HID kit in their oem housing...I did it on my 07 and put it next to the Trucklite lamp and was dead even for brightness but the HID were much broader horizontally. I keep reading about not being able to see the headlight on a bike equipped with the Trucklite, when looking head on and off centered, i would think this along with the broader horizontal pattern would not make this a wise choice for MC's.

I will be more than happy to post results when installed.....should be here in a week.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:19 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by continentaldrifter
I am surprised nobody is running an aftermarket HID kit in their oem housing...I did it on my 07 and put it next to the Trucklite lamp and was dead even for brightness but the HID were much broader horizontally. I keep reading about not being able to see the headlight on a bike equipped with the Trucklite, when looking head on and off centered, i would think this along with the broader horizontal pattern would not make this a wise choice for MC's.

I will be more than happy to post results when installed.....should be here in a week.
I did run HID for a while in a dual beam headlight but when you would start the bike the low beam would go out. Lots of fixes but the easiest was to just install the phase 7's and be done with it. And I didn't have HID highway lights and it looked out of place having all three lights not matching.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:39 PM
ghostrunner
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by continentaldrifter

I had the HID in the Harley dual light and the darn ignitor box kept going out and after it went out of warranty and Harley quit selling them I went with the LED and like them better. Think the vibration wasn't good for it.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:55 PM
HarleyGTP
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostrunner
I had the HID in the Harley dual light and the darn ignitor box kept going out and after it went out of warranty and Harley quit selling them I went with the LED and like them better. Think the vibration wasn't good for it.
I think the vibration was a factor in ballast longevity, definitely.

But when it comes down to it, the HID ballasts are ALL made in the same place (china), and they just aren't designed to run off the type of electric system you find on our bikes.

LED's are, well, the wave of the future. I sure did like the TL lights, but I'll be damned, the harley ones are better.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:45 PM
continentaldrifter
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default still have faith in quality HID

I had my 07 SG since new, the HID light were the first thing upgraded. logged over 47K miles with the and never, not once did it flicker, nor leave me lightless, but when in a pack, was always scolded for riding in the tail, due to amount of light projected. I can tell you that there are HID kits that are fabb'd with the cheapest of cheap parts. My kit if i can remember was purchased from a gentleman at Motorcycle Metal...and i think was around $250....well worth the amount of light needed for the night time rides in mountainous Colorado....I have purchased a set of HID for my trucks and am currently awaiting my new 2014 SG HID kit through www.retrosolutions.com and have enough faith in their quality product to spend a chunk of $$ and go the HID route over the LED....If they do not perform better and are not brighter than the LED, i will have learned a valuable lesson, thus tuck my tail 'tween the legs and go with the Jones' and purchase the LED...

Quick Reply: Daymaker Reflector LED Headlamp