Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jagg 10-row Oil Cooler Install on Ultra - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 07:33 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

LCJOE,

As always great work, detailed and to the point!

I can't remember if your Limited came stock with the chrome shield cover for the oil cooler.

Wondering if it will fit?

TIA,

YB

Last edited by 09 YELLOWBIRD; 02-10-2014 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:07 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
LCJOE,

As always great work, detailed and to the point!

I can't remember if your Limited came stock with the chrome shield cover for the oil filter.

Wondering if it will fit?

TIA,

YB
Thank you YB. No, the oil cooler on my 2010 Limited had no chrome cover. I bought one to fit it later, but eventually took it off because I felt like the cover was restricting air flow across the cooler. Jagg has a cooler option with a small chrome strip on the very top, but not a cover. I am getting to where I prefer just the plain cooler versus the cooler and a cover.

I intentionally used the longest oil line to route the cooled oil back to the engine...figuring that as the oil passes through the line, it will enjoy additional cooling potential before entering the engine again.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:18 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,455 Likes on 21,400 Posts

Good job Joe!!

I went with the oil bud.
Bud guarantees a 35 degree drop in temp.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:36 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Good job Joe!!

I went with the oil bud.
Bud guarantees a 35 degree drop in temp.
Thanks. I don't know what kind of temp drop I may see, but I'll have to wait until summer to see if it make a significant difference. Glad the Oil Bud is working well on your scoot there in SD. God knows it must get hot there in the summer.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:47 AM
HarleyQC
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job, thank you for sharing.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:06 AM
BornTexan
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the detailed post.

I got the Jagg 751-FP2400 fan assist kit for Christmas. Little did the Bride know but I had picked up a Wards Parts Werks FCS cooling fan system from Jason (who is great to work with by the way).

The fan system is installed just waiting waiting on warmer weather to install the Jagg.

Ought to run a little cooler ya think !

Again, thanks !

o~\o

Old 02-09-2014, 09:10 AM
akodust
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

great shots...that is going to help me a lot. thanks

Old 02-09-2014, 09:15 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by akodust
great shots...that is going to help me a lot. thanks
I use a 35mm Nikon SLR for the photos. I am not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination. It's difficult to get the camera to auto focus on what I want to shoot sometimes. Glad to hear that the pics are a help.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:16 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcV125

Interesting..They changed the routing of the cooler lines with those beautiful fittings. I actually wrote Jagg when i first received my cooler (3 years ago) and was concerned about the routing. Previously the lines were routed (if you sitting on the bike) between the left frame rail and the oil cooler then up to the oil filter housing. With this, the lines were sitting very tight on the frame rail and i was concerned about rubbing through. Jagg stated that they have been running the lines that way for many years with no problems. Interesting they have changed the routing. Thanks for posting joe.
The two lines on the left is a different model heat exchanger core, its a double pass, the core in this thread is a single pass. They changed the routing because they changed the core, no other reason, the routing for the other core was not a problem, been running it since 07 without issue. The two pass core has greater cooling potential, that's why they use it with the fan assist system.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:21 AM
MarcV125
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
The two lines on the left is a different model heat exchanger core, its a double pass, the core in this thread is a single pass. They changed the routing because they changed the core, no other reason, the routing for the other core was not a problem, been running it since 07 without issue. The two pass core has greater cooling potential, that's why they use it with the fan assist system.

excellent, did not know that. Thanks for the info ..

edit: after reading the jagg site, joes oil cooler that he has installed is also a double pass cooler. .. The only thing i could see why they would route differently then is because of the fan?.. The voltage regulator has to sit higher just looking at the pictures..Maybe the line would rub on the metal bracket..That is my thinking..Again my fan assisted with the lines running on the frame rail has caused no issues and im sure it wont...again have been running for three years now ..i just thought they had changed the design of how they ran the lines .. I should have done more research before posting
Sorry joe for high jacking

Last edited by MarcV125; 02-09-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Jagg 10-row Oil Cooler Install on Ultra - Pics