Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I really get an upgrade with these foot/floor boards?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 01:52 PM
Kwayz
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think that if you like it better with the new parts, you got an upgrade.

If you like it less with the new parts, you got cheated.

Legally, if you bought the bike and then they changed things on it, they probably broke the law and legally they would probably be required to put it back as it was at the time of the purchase or refund your money. But you would need to get an attorney to force that to happen, and since you bought it out of state, you would probably have to bring legal action in the state of purchase.

So, the end result is that if this isn't going to bother you much, I would say be happy, forget about it and ride and enjoy your new bike.

If this really bothers you, well...if its worth the trouble to you, make them make it right or take legal action against the selling dealer. If it bothers you that much, you'll probably never be happy with the bike, there will always be that little "something" that nags away at you about it.

Its a good looking bike!

Old 04-14-2014, 01:57 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 395 Likes on 337 Posts

maybe the original ones were wrecked in a crash- they got a sucker on the line, so pulled some replacement parts to get that thing out the door ASAP.

or maybe it's innocent.

I'm not local to you, but many of us have pass floorboards in a box in the garage.
My Wife doesn't care or notice the difference, in fact, hooking her boot heels over pegs may be more comfortable than extending the ankle to have foot flat on the floorboard, esp. with heels.

many of us remove the floorboards as on the 09+ frame the rear is wider and the rider whacks his calves duck paddling around the driveway

if you really want a set, I'm sure you can get a good deal on some take offs

mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 04-14-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:15 PM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,412 Likes on 881 Posts

as mentioned above those are accessories you would have to buy if you wanted them and cost more than stock ones. but my GF loves having footboards - your choice.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:30 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 497 Likes on 233 Posts

You bought a bike with passenger floorboards and then they swapped the floorboards for foot pegs after you bought it without telling you. That is just WRONG. I would tell them I can live with the different rider floorboards and brake pedal pad but I want floorboards for the passenger (whether you do or not, its a matter of principal) and I expect them to send me a set that matches the rider boards as close as possible. They took the ones off your bike to make a customer happy, they need to make you happy. They were expecting you to not notice the change.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:41 PM
PetervE
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FXDXTSport
You bought a bike with passenger floorboards and then they swapped the floorboards for foot pegs after you bought it without telling you. That is just WRONG. I would tell them I can live with the different rider floorboards and brake pedal pad but I want floorboards for the passenger (whether you do or not, its a matter of principal) and I expect them to send me a set that matches the rider boards as close as possible. They took the ones off your bike to make a customer happy, they need to make you happy. They were expecting you to not notice the change.
Yes, that's what I'm going to do even if my wife like the passenger foot pegs after trying them. This way I can always swap them myself. The dealer should honor my request I believe. I do like the rider floorboards though and had no issue at all riding with them for several hours... Overall, it doesn't bother me that much but it's the principle that counts. I'm enjoying my rides though... that much I can tell you

Thanks and I'll keep everyone posted how it closes out.

Old 04-14-2014, 03:26 PM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I would want the passenger foot boards

Old 04-14-2014, 04:17 PM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

No you did not get an upgrade you got taken advantage of. You were given no choice in the matter and not everyone want those on their bike. I have a set in a box because I prefer the standard ones and footboards for my passenger.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:20 PM
glock221
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would rather have the floorboards. I had to spend 75 shipped for a stock pair of passenger floorboards on EBAY.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:24 PM
CrusinLum
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would fight for them to send you a set of the floorboards; then i would sell them to me!!! yea i think you should get them to get you what was on the bike when you bought it.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Loc_Tite
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm not a fan of Streamliners on a Road King Classic myself, but it's personal taste. On a "Standard" yes. If you want to keep them though I would want passenger floorboards for sure if you have plans to ride a lot of two-up.

Quick Reply: Did I really get an upgrade with these foot/floor boards?