Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I really get an upgrade with these foot/floor boards?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 12:54 PM
PetervE
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update - Did I really get an upgrade with these foot/floor boards?

I received my 2013 RKC (white hot pearl) last Friday (4/11) shipped from Florida to Portland, OR... my first H-D Tourer.

Pre-owned with 1,650 miles, Rinehart mufflers, rider backrest and a complete new set of matching rider foot board, passenger foot pegs and break pad from a Street Glide 2014 they swapped out for another customer - without letting me know. I inquired the dealership about this foot-boards swap and he said it's actually an upgrade for my RKC... Is it? They should have told me, given me at least the choice? What's your opinion (see picture attached)?

Thank you...

Did I really get an upgrade with these foot/floor boards?-pearl-20140413.jpg

Update 4/26/14: The dealer called me and notified me that they will ship part number 50378-07B (streamliner passenger footboard and mount) to replace the passenger foot pegs. My wife is very happy because she didn't like the pegs and now she'll have matching footboards. She's happy and I'm happy

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...oard-mount-kit

Last edited by PetervE; 04-26-2014 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Updated
Old 04-14-2014, 12:56 PM
Hausguy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I can't answer your question but it's nice looking bike.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:57 PM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,936 Likes on 2,569 Posts

Everything is an upgrade per the MoCo

EXCEPT

Street Glides have passenger pegs, Road Kings have passenger floor boards. So if you are riding two up, long distance, you could make the argument that you got screwed. You bought a bike with front and rear floor boards. Thte do sell rear floor boards that match your upgraded fronts, I would make a stink and force them to send me a pair on their dime. Only fair since they tried to sneak the "upgrade" in.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:02 PM
PetervE
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hausguy
I can't answer your question but it's nice looking bike.
Don't get me wrong... I love my Pearl as I call her

The dealer told me that everything matches with the break pad and passenger foot pegs now. It seems that a regular customer of them didn't like the floorboard setup that came with an Street Glide and reverted back to the slight bigger ones from my Road King Classic. They indeed look good I guess but smaller and I can't speak for the passenger who now has pegs instead of a foot board... It would have been nice if I were given a notice of this change beforehand and given me the choice.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:04 PM
PetervE
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Architect

EXCEPT

Street Glides have passenger pegs, Road Kings have passenger floor boards. So if you are riding two up, long distance, you could make the argument that you got screwed. You bought a bike with front and rear floor boards. Thte do sell rear floor boards that match your upgraded fronts, I would make a stink and force them to send me a pair on their dime. Only fair since they tried to sneak the "upgrade" in.

You're correct when riding 2 up... but there was no additional charge. They just didn't let me know and I noticed immediately when she was delivered at my home.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:16 PM
03snake
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like the Street Glide 'Streamliner' line. (I'm own a SG.......). On mine I added the rear Streamliner floorboard kit for my wife and then re-used the rear footpegs as highway pegs for me. I also added the Streamliner shifter pegs. Upgrade? All in the eye's of the beholder. The stock RK ones are the standard touring ones, nothing wrong with them either. Sorry, prices are in CDN $.

http://accessories.harley-davidson.c...bike/flhx/2013

I mounted the highway pegs outboard, not inboard. They fold right up to the bar without sticking out when not in use. Pics below show the board's, passenger boards, shifter pegs and re-mounted rear pegs as highway pegs.

Attached Thumbnails Did I really get an upgrade with these foot/floor boards?-dsc_0015.jpg   Did I really get an upgrade with these foot/floor boards?-dsc_0019.jpg   Did I really get an upgrade with these foot/floor boards?-rearboards.jpg  

Last edited by 03snake; 04-14-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:17 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,722 Likes on 1,547 Posts

It's a better looking setup and I believe more expensive than the stock floorboards and passenger boards.

Look up the price on street glide pass mounts alone. They are hefty.

Stock Passenger floorboards (should you ever really need them) are a dime a dozen on ebay.

So... good deal/bonus? I think so. Cool you got them for free IMO.

lp

Old 04-14-2014, 01:20 PM
TMOUT
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Architect

EXCEPT

You should insist on the matching passenger floorboards at no cost to you. They never should have changed a thing on that bike once the deal was done. Especially without even bothering to ask you. Calling it an upgrade is a copout.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:28 PM
PetervE
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TMOUT
You should insist on the matching passenger floorboards at no cost to you. They never should have changed a thing on that bike once the deal was done. Especially without even bothering to ask you. Calling it an upgrade is a copout.
Thank you for your reply... I more worried that my wife (as a passenger) likes a floorboard better and she already told me. Maybe I should ask for a matching passenger floorboard instead of these pegs. Free of charge of course!

Old 04-14-2014, 01:30 PM
PetervE
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 03snake
I really like the Street Glide 'Streamliner' line. (I'm own a SG.......). On mine I added the rear Streamliner floorboard kit for my wife and then re-used the rear footpegs as highway pegs for me. I also added the Streamliner shifter pegs. Upgrade? All in the eye's of the beholder. The stock RK ones are the standard touring ones, nothing wrong with them either. Sorry, prices are in CDN $.

I mounted the highway pegs outboard, not inboard. They fold right up to the bar without sticking out when not in use. Pics below show the board's, passenger boards, shifter pegs and re-mounted rear pegs as highway pegs.
Thank you so much for the information... I might need it when I have to replace the passenger pegs I have now with a floorboard.

Quick Reply: Did I really get an upgrade with these foot/floor boards?