Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pre-Wired Ape Hanger Kits

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 10:25 AM
SFDonovan
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pre-Wired Ape Hanger Kits

When researching if I want to purchase 13" apes for my 2010 SG I ran across these pre-wired set at Hill Country Custom Cycles.

13 in. Complete Ape Hanger Kit for 2008-2010 FLHX Street Glide $949.95

Pricey I know.

The description says the following.

"This package will fit 2008-2010 Harley Street Glide FLHX models with electronic cruise control. You will be getting a set of 1 1/4 in. FAT 13 in. Hill Country Custom's ape hangers with all of the stainless cables and brake lines to fit these apes. The handle bars are pre-wired with chrome switches and the connectors are installed on the wires ready for you to plug in. Also included are chrome handlebar controls already assembled. Really all you have to do is mount the handlebars and change the cables."

Would this also include the audio controls, cause it doesn't specifically say?

This statement is too general..."included are chrome handlebar controls".

Anybody else ever purchased from this vendor?

From my signature below of my ride, where do you think the 13" apes would end up? Just above my mirrors, or would I have a good 2 or 3 inches above them?

Last edited by SFDonovan; 04-16-2014 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:30 AM
Baffler1
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should contact the company to get answers to your questions - otherwise it's hearsay

Old 04-16-2014, 10:41 AM
simmer
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought from them last summer. Product came fast and as described. I bought the Yaffe 12" Bagger Apes pre-wired and with chrome controls. I couldn't even imagine wiring this all at home in my garage. 2012 SG install was about 3 hours beginning to end. Toughest part was the clutch cable install as you have to take the gear box apart to seat the cable. No regrets here. Worth the $$ IMO. Dealer quoted me 6-8 hours to wire and install so if you do the math you are most likely ahead of the game if you do the install.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:43 AM
simmer
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PS. Just saw your other questions....ALL controls are included and on my 2012 SG, my hands are about 2" above the fairing. Nice thing is I can still use the stock mirrors instead of having to install a set of "rabbit ear" mirrors.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Primetime_2
Tourer

I know of several guys that have had nothing but good luck dealing with hillcountry. i bought a set for my 01 heritage and they were as advertised. give them a call and they will set you up the way you want

Old 04-16-2014, 01:22 PM
gderkac2
Novice

I helped install a pair from Hill Country on my buddy's FLHT Classic. They were a nice product and came prewired for all audio functions with the chrome switches. Looked very good when we were done. Brake and clutch also included in his set. Worked out very good.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:43 PM
sgriffin
Intermediate

Bought the 12" Yaffe monkey bars pre wired from Hill County, they were as described. Talked with Bryan and he answered any and all questions I had before ordering. Very good guys to deal with and quick shipment.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:48 PM
gas_sux
Novice

Bought my 14s from HCC. Love them, they're comfy and function great. At the time I ordered, they were swamped. I had trouble getting ahold of them, so finally I left a "friendly" voicemail, and promptly got a call back from a guy that was ready to help me out. After how many phone calls, I simply got frustrated so I said how I felt in my voice mail, then after that everything was fine....

Old 04-16-2014, 06:59 PM
rktallcherry
Novice

I bought a pre wired 16" ape hanger package for my RK last year from hill country cycles and have all good things to say. Included were chrome controls clutch cable, brake lines and throttle cables for around 850 I think. It took all guess work out, pre wired internal bars just plugged into wire harness behind headlight. Switches all wired already and mounted, just cables and brake lines. I did have a question for them and was called back promptly. Would deal with them again for future packages.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:59 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Got my HCCs as well, 13"s.

Hands are just above the mirrors. Its moderate, not a tall bar.

The clutch and brake housing AT THE TIME were questionable quality due to one screw housing breaking. They told me they were switching suppliers.

I REALLY like mine and the kit made the install super easy instead of trying to spec out the wiring, cables, etc.

Quick Reply: Pre-Wired Ape Hanger Kits