Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Second (or third) bike/bar hopper?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 02:54 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts
Default Second (or third) bike/bar hopper?

This has probably been discussed before but I couldn't find any threads that were recent, so I'll ask again:

How many of you have another bike (or more) for just running around, bar hopping, riding twisties, bike nights, whatever? I love my SG but lately I've been getting the jones for another bike to keep the SG company...gotta say I really like the vibe of the Fat Bob.

Anyone have any issues with multiple bikes around, besides cost and garage space? Do you find yourself riding one more than the other? Ever regret either purchase?

Thanks!

Old 07-14-2014, 03:10 PM
mgmonster
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah, I've got a 2004 Triumph Speed Triple that does many things well that my SG doesn't. That being said, if push came to shove, the ST would be gone long before the SG.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:04 PM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See pic below, ive only had 2 bikes for about a year now. Been really itching for another one

Old 07-14-2014, 04:15 PM
ScottS
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I originally bought a Slim as my do everything go everywhere bike but after 1300 miles I knew my butt couldn't take long out of state trips. I got a great deal on an Electra Glide over winter and love having the option of riding either bike depending on where I'm going or who I am going riding with. Insurance was not that much more (like $80) to add the 2nd one, garage space was my biggest issue so I bought a bike jack so I can maneuver it into the corner easier vs trying to back it in. No regrets.

Last edited by ScottS; 07-14-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Marty31
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

'12 Fat Boy Lo...

Old 07-14-2014, 04:22 PM
dochawken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UUNetBill
This has probably been discussed before but I couldn't find any threads that were recent, so I'll ask again:

How many of you have another bike (or more) for just running around, bar hopping, riding twisties, bike nights, whatever? I love my SG but lately I've been getting the jones for another bike to keep the SG company...gotta say I really like the vibe of the Fat Bob.

Anyone have any issues with multiple bikes around, besides cost and garage space? Do you find yourself riding one more than the other? Ever regret either purchase?

Thanks!
Fat Bob has nice lines...love the dual headlight setup.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,411 Likes on 881 Posts

I have the three in my sig plus a 1976 RD400 that I used to race, now is street legal, but still haven't gotten plates for it. The Road King gets ridden the most, the chopper is an occasional Friday bike, and the FX is apart to clean up all the oil leaks. It's good to have multiple bikes but don't make them too alike.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:27 PM
oldwarrior
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 1995 Standard dresser I bought new, I'll never get rid of it, I bought a 2013 slim just for the short hauls, the Dresser got to be a pain parking in just the right spot so I wouldn't have to move that sucker backwards.
The Slim is getting rode more than the Dresser at the moment, the reason is the Dresser is still up on the lift waiting to get parts installed that are sitting in the garage, with the Slim running I have a hard time taking the 4 or 5 hours to install the goodies on the Dresser.
Make no mistake if the Dresser was the only bike I had that sucker would be done and up and running.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:01 PM
Peculierboy
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a 2011 Triumph Thruxton that I absolutely love for the twisties and occasional road trip, as well as a 74 Norton Commando for the leisurely Sunday afternoon rides, but love my SG, and push come to shove, it would be my only bike......

Old 07-14-2014, 06:30 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

The only issue I have is I don't ride the Dyna much.

Quick Reply: Second (or third) bike/bar hopper?