Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rushmore section dividing the group?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Rushmore section dividing the group?

When the Rushmore section first was created I approached it positively. A chance for people to discuss things that only affected the new models. That way the rest of us don't have to be bothered with stuff that doesn't pertain to the other Touring bikes. Plus the guys with Rushmores would be more concentrated to better foster communication, bonding, and support.

Looking at it now I think we are all loosing. I think the Forum is suffering. I've felt a large disconnect with HDF this season. I'm well aware of all the Rushmore changes. I studied the crap out of it and started (what became) a very long thread were I listed out all the changes.

→B/c I had spent so much time studying the Rushmore's I was spending some time in that section. What I experienced was a bunch of venomous hate. I felt like I'd be more welcome in the QOTR section and we all know what happens to the guys that stumble into their realm. They were all BETTER than the rest of us. We were all jealous. We better stay out of their section. Blah, blah, blah. Yeah, one heck of a brotherhood! I wasn't slamming anyone and most of the guys being bashed weren't slamming anyone either. Plus it adds to the notion that a lot of guys on Rushmore's are newbs instead of people who traded in a Harley to buy a Rushmore?

→I see posts in the Rushmore section that pertain to all TC bikes. Are many of the Rushmore owners newbs that don't understand what is new and what is not? Do they think EVERYTHING about the bike is different and only someone with a Rushmore can answer the question? Many times it seems they are severely limiting their pool of information and their sphere of help. At the same time it keeps non-Rushmore owners from seeing current information that they may find helpful to either upgrade their bike or to give them information that would help them decide for or against buying a Rushmore.

I dunno...is it me? Does anyone else feel like me? Or am I just all forum'ed-out? Maybe I ride too much and have seen/experienced too much to find interest in what goes on @ HDF? I want to help. I want to be involved. There's a disconnect somewhere. Do others feel like me? Can someone help me see this from a different point of view? Thoughts?

Old 08-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Bohacker
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been riding 2 wheels for 40 years but this is my first HD and it is a rushmore. You make valid points but I think the folks bashing non rushmore owners are very much the minority. There will always be some of that. I tend to just ignore those that are ignorant.

FWIW, I spent 85-90% of my time in the touring section and only occasionally peruse the rushmore section.

There is a bunch of knowledge and experience here and I'm grateful for what I can take away.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:21 PM
tOSUSteve
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I dont get the reason for having it. I see posts in the regular tour section that is specific to Rushmore, yet they dont get moved there.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:26 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,617 Likes on 5,177 Posts

For a short time Rushmore was new , now it is not. At first it flooded the forum with talk of issues real and hype. haters are lovers. Now it has saddled down.
Rushmore is now main stream.
Move over here comes the RG Shark attack

Old 08-01-2014, 12:33 PM
weeT
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As I type this, there are 1800 viewing the touring section, more than the softail & dyna sections put together. I've had my dyna for 5 years, and as new SGS Rushmore owner & touring section viewer (still have my dyna!!), I think it's great to have the separate section due to the amount of posts in the general touring section. I look through all 3 sections every day, but when I don't have much time I go right to the Rushmore area so I don't have to weed through so many posts that have nothing to do with my bike.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:44 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,790 Likes on 18,560 Posts

Could it be something in the water?

Old 08-01-2014, 12:45 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tOSUSteve
I dont get the reason for having it. I see posts in the regular tour section that is specific to Rushmore, yet they dont get moved there.
X2

Either the moderators should move all Rushmore topics to the seperate section or get rid of it altogether.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:47 PM
KW HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 855 Likes on 428 Posts

Went in there once and commented on what I don't remember. But was quickly scolded with, "you have a different engine" WTF? Then I realized I had stumbled in to rushmore territory. I'm more careful now. LOL!

Old 08-01-2014, 12:55 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

a couple of stickies for the rushmore models should have been enough. they had a few toothing problems, those seem to be mostly taken care of...just not much more to talk about.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:58 PM
2014streetglide
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I check out the rushmore section and the touring sections every day. This is my first touring bike coming off a dyna for over 6 years. I haven't seen any of the above hostility that has been mentioned. I post more in the rushmore section, because I have a rushmore and my train of thought is i'll get an answer about my bike sooner than if I posted the same question here. I have posted and commented in this section as well, especially when the topic covers numerous bikes including old and new. So not all us rushmore guys think we are better or anything else. I want as much knowledge as I can get about all of them because a Harley is a Harley in my book. Hell, if my local dealer would have gave me a decent deal on a used street glide, I wouldn't even have a rushmore model LOL I had to buy a new rushmore for like $2k more while on vacation than the local dealer here would do on a used 09.

Quick Reply: Rushmore section dividing the group?